6 || icing on cake

icing on cake

"THANK GOD THERE'S FOOD," SAYS TESSA WHITE

"THANK GOD THERE'S FOOD," SAYS TESSA WHITE. Recently woken up from a deep sleep, she moves around with quick, jerky movements.  "I am so fucking hungry." 

"What was your last meal?" Raphael asks. 

Glass dust clings to her hair. The shards twinkle in the pink lights. "Way too long ago. I think the last thing I ate were, like, two chicken nuggets. This place is like heaven." 

They walk into the dining room. A silk tablecloth, patterned in floral pink, stretches across the monstrous oak table. About a dozen Dolls sit on either side. A lady with a violet wigs reaches for a glass of red wine. Another man skewers a piece of meat with his fork. 

"These things are so cool," Tessa crouches next to one of the Dolls and pinches its cheeks. It's a woman with soft red curls, laughing behind a paper fan. "They even feel real too." 

Vivre remains on the staircase, one hand on the railing. "You're not freaked out by anything?" 

"Obviously. Time spent freak out means time wasted. If you're not attacking, you're defending which is the exact same thing as losing." 

"If you're not predator," Raphael says. "You're prey."

"Exactly," Tessa throws a smirk over her shoulder. 

Then, she shoves the Doll over. It falls the ground with a resounding thud, the fan falling out of its hand. She sits into the emptied seat and spreads her hands out in satisfaction. Raphael raises both of his eyebrows. Vivre enters the dining room to stand by him, arms folded in disapproval. 

Vivre enters the dining room, arms folded in disapproval, and comes to stand by Raphael. Both of them watch Tessa as pulls over an entire platter of cake. It's round and covered in glossy pink frosting. 

"I don't know I necessarily agree with her philosophy," Vivre mutters. "Kill or be killed isn't how the real world works." 

"An argument could be made that we aren't in the real world anymore."