The moment you knew

Y/N - your name
Y/L/N - your last name

The next morning, you woke up to the smell of coffee. You sit up on the sofa, your eyes only slightly open. After a blinking a few times to get your vision back, you feel a hand on your arm. Frightened, you jump up screaming and run into the coffee table, stubbing your toe. You turn around to see Billie sat on the sofa next to where you were laid. "What the fuck are you doing here?" You ask her angrily, "and how the fuck did you get in?" "Your...your um, your front door was open when I arrived so I um I let myself in." She replied slowly, she seemed to be distracted. She was fixated on something. You follow her stare back to your body, realising you were only in your bra and thong. "My eyes are up here woman!" You shout embarrassed, snapping your fingers. Billie slowly brings her eyes to meet yours and you can see she was blushing slightly. You head out of the room to get changed but turn around to get your clothes. As you turn around you see Billie quickly take her eyes off of you and start to drink the coffee she made while you were asleep. You quickly run upstairs and put some fresh clothes on.

"Now, can you do what you came here to do?" You snap at Billie. You were so embarrassed. Your next door neighbour had just seen you almost naked. Billie stands up and starts walking around the room, searching every part of it. You notice she was wearing a silk shirt which exposed part of her breasts. They weren't the biggest pair you'd seen but somehow you found them cute. Billie must have seen you staring as she cleared her throat loudly before saying "The ghosts here won't hurt you, they usually would but they've changed. Plus your a friend of mine and they like me... I think." "She thinks we're friends omg." You look at the clock realising that it was 1pm. You we're supposed to be awake for 9:30am. Billie must think I'm horrible for making her wait all that time. "Would you like to join me for dinner?" You ask Billie hopefully. "Sure, but it's more like breakfast for you." She replies giggling. You smile at her and head into the kitchen to start the meal.

After dinner you watched TV with Billie and talked about anything and everything. Suddenly, the door of the house swings open, banging against the wall. You jump up off the sofa and turn around to see Mia (your ex girlfriend) standing in the doorway. "Mia? What the hell are you doing here?" You splutter. "I came to get some of my stuff I accidentally put in your boxes, only to find them burned up on your front lawn" she shouts back at you. Mia's eyes wonder over to Billie who was putting her jacket back on. "I see you moved on, so have I. I found a new girlfriend who is was fucking better than you will ever be. I'm so glad we're not together anymore Y/N. Your pathetic." Mia screams at you. You try to tell Mia that you and Billie aren't together but you're interrupted. "Actually, we're engaged, just waiting for the ring." Billie says to Mia, grabbing my hand. Mia looks down at your entwined hands, scowls at you and storms off out of the house, slamming the door on her way. "You really need to start shutting-" you interrupt Billie with a tight hug. She slowly wraps her arms around you, squeezing you slightly. "Thank you," you whisper in her ear "that meant a lot." Billie pulls away, smiling at you. "It's okay Y/N, we're friends now remember." Says Billie, winking. "Friends?" You think to yourself "I don't want to he just friends! Oh no did I just think that?! Do I have feelings for her?". "Y/N, are you okay hunny?" Billie asks. "Oh yes sorry I'm fine." You say quietly. You walk Billie to the door and watch her as she leaves. Once she was out of your sight, you lock the door and go upstairs to your bedroom and fall straight to sleep, thinking about Billie.