Chapter 41 - Reading mail.

*Author’s note*

Sorry for the long distance between uploads!! My first term of year 12 is OVER in 2 days, can you believe it??

Anyways, holidays in 2 days, so definitely faster updates :D

Love you all and enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

*Ivy’s POV*

We sat talking for hours together – I don’t know how, but Niall found out that Harry kissed me. I could see the anger in his eyes, but he didn’t show a single sign of it.

He kept his voice soft and gentle, and told me it was alright.

Once I had explained my side of the story, he look relieved, but told me that he would always be here for me, no matter what. But he still tried to understand why.

“Ivy, you’re such an incredibly important part of my life now, and I don’t understand WHY you tried to take yourself out of the world. Please, I need to understand!”

“Niall...” I said slowly, “I don’t think I can explain fully. I was in a bad place last night, a really bad place, and my reasoning made sense to me then.”

“Does it now?” he asked, looking straight into my eyes.

I blushed at the severity of his gaze, and looked away; I couldn’t answer him! Otherwise I would just disappoint him. Again.

But he simply put his hand on my chin, and guided my face towards him again.

“Does your reasoning still make sense?” he said as his smouldering eyes stared into mine.

 I nodded, thinking he would probably storm out at my honest answer, or at least be upset.

“Well than there’s something you need to know. I’m going to change your mind, and show you just how beautiful the world really is.”

A single tear escaped my eye, and as quickly as it had appeared, Niall wiped it away.

“Don’t cry, my love,” he said as he kissed my forehead, “together we will fight for your happiness.”

*Harry’s POV*

Zayn woke us all up at the torturous time of 10am to let us know that Ivy had woken up – I was so relieved and happy, but at the same time I remembered just how enraged Niall was.

He was probably also mad at Louis as well, because he stopped him from fighting with me.

I guess that’s why he called Zayn.

“Quickly lads! We have to go see her – throw some clothes on, and we’ll do a McDonalds run for coffee and breakfast on the way to the hospital!” Zayn called, and Louis moaned as he slowly got out of bed.

While I got dressed, however, I wasn’t thinking of how early it was, or how tired I was, but that it Ivy’s issues happened because of me.

So I packed some of her things for her, so she would be more comfortable, and I grabbed her phone while I was in her room.

But just as I was about to leave her room, I saw another envelope on her dresser marked ‘Bec’.

I closed my eyes, remembering how scared we all were the night before because of those stupid letters!!

She scared us all so badly, and we thought she wouldn’t make it. But she has.

So I’m going to do my best to make it up to her, and to show her she needs to live – unless Niall kills me first.

We made it to our car with only a few fans chasing us, and our driver drove us to the closest McDonlalds, which, for some strange reason, was not that close.

So the drive gave us a lot of room to think about things, and to just get our thoughts straight. No one really said anything, but at one point Louis just looked at me, and then squeezed my hand.

To some people the gesture would be taken as something different, but it was Louis’ way of telling me to stay strong.

The drive-thru attendant that took our order was obviously a nosy person, because instead of just taking the money, she leaned down towards the car window, and tried to see who was inside the car.

“OH MAA GOD!” She screamed in a high pitched American accent, and we all cringed. We quickly drove towards the pick-up area as we heard screams such as “IT’S MY HUSBANDS!” and  “I JUST MET ONE DIRECTION!”

Well, somebody was a fan.

But while we were still chuckling about what had happened, somebody’s phone went off, and we all looked to see if it was ours.

It was Ivy’s phone, and Zayn and Louis both looked at me weirdly, probably wondering why on earth I had her phone.

“Guys, it’s ok! I just brought it to give to her!” They nodded and looked away, and I wondered what they must have thought when they saw I had it.

Oh well, doesn’t matter.

I quickly looked at the phone to see who had texted her, and the ID simply read; Twitter fiend.

Thinking that was strange, I quickly went onto her twitter on her phone and saw a lot of new DM’s.

A lot of them was just people asking her to get One Direction to follow her, which I rolled my eyes at, but one person stood out.

The newest twitter message said “Keep your mouth shut.”

*Niall’s POV*

I didn’t think Harry would come, because I thought he would be too ashamed, but I was wrong. He practically ran in, the look on his face completely different to what I expected.

Instead of looking depressed or upset, he was angry.

Probably with me. Well, don’t worry dear Harry, I feel the same way towards you.

With fists clenched, I stood up and faced him as he came towards Ivy and I.

But he didn’t come to where I was standing; instead he walked over to the other side of Ivy’s bed and looked at her with anger.

“WHY?” he shouted at her, and I saw Ivy’s face become pale. “Why didn’t you tell us about the message you’re getting?!”

I was about to defend her when I realized what he said, and I felt my heart sink.

“Ivy...” I said slowly, “Please tell me you don’t know what he’s talking about.”

But she ignored me, and started to yell back at Harry.

“How DARE you read my private mail!” She said, fury written all over her.

“When it concerns your wellbeing, I think I have the right!” he retaliated, and she slapped him.

Wait, what?