Chapter one: A mere flesh wound

Corpse sighed lightly as he placed his headphones on the desk in front of him. He had just finished playing Among us for a couple of hours. And as fun as they are to create, they drained him a lot emotionally. It took effort to be social and anxiety crept in from time to time, with trembling hands and a racing pulse.

He had gotten a lot better at least. The first time he played with Sean and his friends for example, he had been connected 30 seconds before he had first spoken. He couldn't get his lips to cooperate with him, so he just sat there listening to them talk. Sean was such a good friend, hyping him up.

Thank god everyone was so supportive and lovely, he hadn't expected such a positive response to be honest. Him! Friends! Unthinkable even a few months ago. It made him feel very glad and thankful.

Today in particular had been a lot of fun. He had managed to murder a lot of people and get away with it, Rae kept on getting herself killed by acting too suspiciously and sykkuno was his usual adorable self.

He was sooo cute. He's such a bad liar,  it's almost ridiculous. How does he survive in the real world is a mystery. It makes something in Corpse switch on to a caveman must protect squishy mode.

Sean had filled him in on his other friends before the first game together. Sean had described Sykkuno as the most lovely, nice, shy person he had ever met and Corpse was enclined to agree.

From the first shy 'hi corpse', that mellow voice just radiated good energy. Just hearing it that day brought his anxiety down to record lows and made what could have been a very awkward tense game of Among us, a million times better.

It was amazing how fast corpse had gotten comfortable talking to Sykkuno in the few times they had played together. Something just clicked. Like a shared wordless understanding of each other. Corpse hoped this feeling wasn't just one sided, because sykkuno was fast becoming an actual friend not a gaming friend.

Corpse wondered if he and Sykkuno could message outside of the game. And gaming in general.

So sue him, he was really cute. He wants to talk to him more.