Confession 2

(A/N: Disclaimer; this is a continuation of my fanfic which I was forced to continue like this. Because Wattpad!..well, it has a limit...Enjoy!...I guess...I hope...)

Ashlyn ran out of the common room just as quickly as she had rushed in, ignoring the others' questions.

She headed straight to the third floor and making sure that no one was around, she wrenched the trapdoor open and dropped in.

She landed on the mushy Devil's snare, and in her wand light, it only became more pronounced that Draco had used the path quite often. In the thick tangle of vines, a single spot was thinner than the rest.

Ashlyn sighed as she rushed into the next chamber. The fluttering of wings could be heard faintly. And to her surprise when she entered the room and scanned it, she didn't find the old key. Maybe she just couldn't see it in the mass of keys.

She pulled her wand out and tried to sort out the key she was looking for...It wasn't there.

She scoffed indignantly when it clicked. Draco had taken the key. That idiot was keeping it.

Ashlyn huffed and blasted the door open. Oh, was he in trouble when she gets him. 

She went past the shattered chess set, and empty smelly room, and past the old Potion puzzle to the final chamber with the mirror.

Ashlyn sighed when she saw Draco sitting in front of the dusty mirror. He didn't even realise she was there, as he continued looking into the mirror.

She hesitated for a second, then called out to him.

"Draco,"

He didn't move.

"Draco," Ashlyn called again, taking a step closer.

"Are you talking to me finally?" Draco said. And to Ashlyn's horror, she realised that he was talking to the Mirror.

"Yeah, that did sound stupid. I must be hallucinating," he chuckled.

"Malfoy," Ashlyn called moving closer.

"I swear I can hear your voice," Draco said to the mirror. "You are playing me, aren't you?"

"Draco!"

He jumped violently and turned around. It took him three seconds to register what he was seeing, and then he got to his feet, stumbling on his robes. He stood in front of the mirror as though shielding it from her.

"You're here," he said, still shocked. "How did you—I can explain," he said hurriedly.

"You best hope you can. And you'd better have a good excuse," Ashlyn snapped.

"I can explain. I know you told me to stay away. You told me it was...it wasn't good for me. I know that," Draco said glancing at the mirror.

"Then why didn't you?" Ashlyn cried.

"Listen to me, Ash," Draco pleaded.

Ashlyn huffed as she took a step back. "Ash? Since when have you called me Ash?" she asked.

Draco paled. His eyes flitted to the mirror again.

"Ashlyn...It's not that terrible," he said finally.

"You've been talking to a mirror," Ashlyn said aggravated. "Don't you see what it's doing to you? You won't talk to your parents, you won't talk to your friends, you won't talk to me. I asked you. A hundred times. But you'll talk to a mirror,"