RJ MacCready

Dogmeat found MacCready on the hill near the river separating Red Rocket from Sanctuary. He was staring out towards the slowly flowing water, shoulders hunched, fists clenched to his sides, sniper rifle strapped to his back.

"Good boy, Dogmeat. Go back now." A soft "wuff" answered her and the German shepherd turned around to trot away. Nora took a few hesitant steps forward, casually leaning her shoulders against one of the skeletal trees. "RJ?" The whole world seemed to lie in that one quiet question, in the name she only called him when they were alone.

MacCready turned around. He strode quickly towards her, calloused hands rising to cup her face in a gentle but insistent manner. His mouth was on hers, seeking, tasting, exploring. One hand reached back to run strong fingers through her hair as her breath caught in sudden wanting. The other teased lower, tracing a loving trail from her neckline down to her breast before cupping its weight. His thumb stroked across the fabric, rubbing light circles around her erect nipple. A soft moan escaped her throat, the only sound she would allow herself to make this close to the others. He lifted his head a fraction, breathing raggedly, then pressed in again to leave a line of nibbling kisses across her jawline and into the sensitive spot on the side of her neck. She trembled in longing pleasure, supporting herself against the rough tree bark.

"I missed you," he breathed into her ear, his short goatee lightly tickling her cheek, causing a series of shivers to cascade down her spine.

She reached for his belt to pull him closer, melting into the warm wiry strength that she had dreamed about every night of the mission. "I missed you too." Their arms enfolded each other in a tight embrace. Nora couldn't get enough, her hands moving up and down his back, teasing, pulling, grasping him closer to her. She kissed his shoulder, his jaw, pressing her face into the curve of his neck to nibble lightly with hard lips. His raspy groan and the hard heat pressing against her abdomen only served to cause the throbbing desire between her own legs to intensify. She wanted him, needed him with a passion that matched his, but--

"We can't do this here," she gasped, lust and regret coloring every tortured syllable. Nora lifted her head to look at him. MacCready was gazing at her with an expression that stabbed into her soul and wrapped around her heart. She loved him, and he loved her... two sides of the same coin, separated by time and horrific circumstance, but now together.

He sighed and nodded regretfully, lowering his eyes. "I know. The others wouldn't understand." He looked back up again, with the wistful, loving gaze that was hers and hers alone.

In the late afternoon light, MacCready's blue eyes had deepened into endless pools of cool crystal that she just wanted to lose herself in forever. They hadn't moved yet, still pressed tightly against each other, their breathing slowly returning to a more even tempo. Finally, MacCready shifted his hands to her upper arms, lightly supporting her against the tree, but not moving away. Her own fingers played with the front of his duster, smoothing the scarf wrapped around his neck. Her right hand splayed against his chest, reveling in the feel of his heartbeat, the play of lithe muscles under her fingertips. Damn, he's so sexy.

"Well, maybe just a little..." was all the invitation necessary. Nora flung her arms around MacCready's neck, as he kissed her, pressing even closer. Strong hands rubbed up her thighs, digging into her hips, pulling her close. She levered herself up, wrapping her legs around his slim waist. A hard, throbbing bulge pressed against her crotch and she gasped. MacCready responded by thrusting his hips against hers. His head was buried against her chest, breath harsh with desire. MacCready pressed forward again, pushing her hard against the tree, and an errant branch stub scored Nora across the healing wound on her back.

"AaaOwwch!" she yelped, unable to keep from crying out in pain.

MacCready reacted instantly, pulling her away from the tree and setting her gently on her feet. "What? Oh, dammit, your back!" His face blanched with worry as he tentatively probed at the bandage under her vault suit. "Damn Danse. Didn't Curie patch you up?" he asked tightly, as he guided her to a jumble of boulders so she could sit down. He shifted the rifle and sat next to her, pulling her close with an arm around her shoulder. She could feel him shaking ever so slightly, but in anger or worry or some other emotion she couldn't tell.