09

*drug mention (weed)*

Johnny Likes Boys!August 12, 1968

Johnny Likes Boys!
August 12, 1968

She'd been on the couch for what felt like ages. She had a feeling it was Dally's way of forcing her to sober up and drink the water Soda had brought for her. Soda was now planted next to her arguing about their favorite music.

"Rolling Stones are better," Soda said with his arms crossed. He was very obviously against any criticism.

"Have you listened to the Doors though? Because, I think you'd change your mind," Georgia took another sip of water. She drank nothing but for at least thirty minutes. She was far from sober, but not nearly at blitzed as before.

"Yes, and the Stones are better," Soda was obviously done arguing after this. He refused to allow anyone to tell him that the music he liked was inferior to another. The two sat in an agreed silence, unsure of what to do next. That was until Johnny and Dally finally came sauntering over. There was a smirk on Johnny's face when he looked at Georgia. As per usual, she reconsidered the decisions that lead her to this point. Though, she thought maybe creating a list of her own would make Dally less ashamed by his. It was an unfounded thought, but an interesting one nonetheless.

"Ok who's better, the Stones or the Doors," Soda asked the two boys. Without hesitation, Johnny answered the Doors. Dally said the Stones. Georgia and Soda eyed each other, this battle would have to be finished later.

"Soda, I would ask you to join us, but after last time..." Johnny trailed off. Soda looked confused for a moment before coming to a realization

"Gotcha, definitely not my speed," Soda excused himself, "You to be nice to her, or I'm comin' for ya."

Georgia finally stood up off the couch and stretched, "What happened last time?"

"You don't wanna know," was all Johnny said.

Behind Buck's was a large field that backed up to the tracks. There wasn't any light except for the pale moon and the green tinge from the windows. The group walked a bit towards the middle of the field, where Johnny eventually plopped into the grass. Georgia and Dally followed suit. Johnny had already pulled a joint from his jacket and was lighting it.

"Now," he took a hit to make sure it was lit, "I know you smoke, but this kinda burns."

"Can't be worse than cigarettes," Georgia brushed the warning off.

"Suit yourself," Johnny passed the joint to her with a look of incredulity.

Georgia quickly realized Johnny was right. It was much hotter and much thicker than cigarette smoking. The lack of a filter had made all the difference, and before she could stop herself, Georgia felt like she was coughing up a lung.

Johnny burst into laughter; Dally covered his mouth so Georgia couldn't see his grin.

"Holy shit," she coughed again, "Okay let me try again." Johnny tried to yell no before it was too late and failed. Luckily, Georgia didn't couch nearly as much this time. She silently passed the joint to Dally, who was able to hit it without any issue. Johnny did the same. After a few rounds through the circle, Georgia could tell she was comfortably high. It was something much more enjoyable than having the room spin in front of her.