Chapter 56

Returning home from school one afternoon, Donghae lay down on his bed and sighed with relief. “You okay?” Eunhyuk asked as he lay down next to his boyfriend and wrapped an arm around his waist.

          “Yeah, just glad to be home,” Donghae replied before turning on face Eunhyuk and lean his head against the blonde’s chest as he closed his eyes.

          “Me too,” Eunhyuk agreed, running a hand up and down Donghae’s back. The couple lay there silently for a few moments before they heard a ding sound. “What was that?” Eunhyuk wondered.

          Donghae sat up quickly and retrieved his laptop from the desk across the room. “It was my computer, I got some kind of notification,” Donghae informed before sitting back down on the bed.

          “What is it?” Eunhyuk inquired as he lay his head on Donghae’s shoulder. The brunette found that he had a new email, and opened it up to read what the sender had written:

          Dear Donghae,

          Hello, I am responding to the video message you sent out through Facebook about a year ago, saying that you are looking for your birth parents. My name is Lee Noel and I am your biological mother. I too live in Seoul and would really like to meet you. I will your original birth certificate to confirm who I am. I hope you will agree to see me.

                                      Sincerely, Noel

          “Wow,” Donghae muttered under his breath as he read the email.

          “What, what does it say?” Eunhyuk wondered.

          “Remember last year when I put up that video on Facebook of me asking people to help me find my biological parents?” Donghae asked.

          “Yeah,” Eunhyuk recalled.

          “Well this lady just emailed me and claims that she is my biological mother, and says that she even has my birth certificate to prove it,” Donghae explained. “She said she really wants to meet me.”

          “Oh my god that’s wonderful,” Eunhyuk said before kissing Donghae’s cheek. “You should have her come here and meet Kangin and Leeteuk and the others.”

          “Yeah, that sounds like a good idea,” Donghae agreed as he emailed the woman back. “Alright, I asked her to come here Friday evening after school, and to bring me proof that she is in fact my mother.”

          “Good, now you can finally see your biological family for the first time,” Eunhyuk replied, wrapping his arms around Donghae’s torso as he leaned their heads together.

          “Yeah,” Donghae muttered with a small smile across his lips. “After all this time.”

          Friday, after school let out, Donghae sat with his boyfriend and adoptive parents in the kitchen; his heart was pounding fast and his body was shaking with nervousness. Eunhyuk took his hand and squeezed it reassuringly. The brunette looked over at Eunhyuk and smiled before they heard a knock on the door. Donghae and Eunhyuk looked at one another before Donghae looked over at Kangin and Leeteuk. “Go ahead honey,” Leeteuk encouraged with a grin, before Donghae stood up and slowly walked to the front door and opened it up.

          The brunette felt his heart drop into his stomach when he saw a middle aged woman standing at the door. Donghae could tell instantly that this woman was in fact his mother; how could she not be, he looked so similar to her. “Lee Donghae?” she asked. Donghae slowly nodded as tears welled in his eyes. “I’m Lee Noel; I’m your biological mother.”