Chapter 59

Several days had passed, and Kyuhyun still hadn’t come out of his coma. Sungmin had stayed by his side every minute though. He hadn’t slept much, skipped school, missed meals; done everything he could to stay next to Kyuhyun as long as he could. “Sungmin, sweetheart you need to go home and get some rest. You haven’t moved in days,” Leeteuk said quietly as he gently rubbed his son’s back.

          “I have to wait for him to wake up,” Sungmin tiredly argued, gripping Kyuhyun’s hand.

          “I know you’re concerned Sungmin, but –” Leeteuk started.

          “I’m not concerned,” Sungmin snapped before standing up. He walked over to the window and looked out as he lowered his head and whispered “I’m scared. I’m scared I’m going to lose him.”

          Leeteuk turned Sungmin to him and hugged the blonde gently as Sungmin cried into his shoulder. “Everything will be okay honey,” Leeteuk muttered.

          “What if it’s not? What if he never wakes up and we never get to be together again?” Sungmin sobbed. “What if we never get our happy ever after and I’m left all alone?”

          Leeteuk placed his hands on Sungmin’s face and looked at his son. “Listen to me Sungmin, you and Kyuhyun are going to be together forever; you will get married and live together for many years, maybe adopt some kids if you want, and you will get to wake up every day next to the person you love, and you’ll be happy. Kyuhyun loves you more than anything in the world, and he’s mentally fighting to wake up so he can make every dream you two have planned come true,” Leeteuk reminded. Sungmin closed his eyes and hugged his parent close as the brunette gently ran a hand through the back of Sungmin’s hair. “You’ll see sweetheart, he’ll wake up soon.” Leeteuk closed his eyes and felt a tear slide down his own cheek as he hugged Sungmin tighter.

          A couple of hours later, Sungmin was sitting in a chair next to Kyuhyun’s bed, with his head lying next to Kyuhyun’s arm. “Don’t leave me Kyuhyun, please don’t leave me,” he begged quietly before yawning. The blonde was trying his hardest not to fall asleep, but his eyes were growing heavier, and Sungmin finally allowed his eyes to close as he gave way to sleep. Not long afterwards, did Sungmin feel something lightly brush against his hair. Forcing his eyes back open, Sungmin looked and saw Kyuhyun’s hand on his head and his eyes slowly open up. “Kyuhyun,” Sungmin whispered as a smile spread across his lips. He leaned forward and placed his hands on Kyuhyun’s face as he pressed their foreheads together and kissed his lips lightly while tears fell from his eyes. “Thank god you’re awake.”

          Kyuhyun smiled and reached a weak hand up to gently brush his fingers through Sungmin’s blonde hair. Sungmin continued to sit next to him and kiss him until the door opened up and Leeteuk walked back in. “Kyuhyun, you’re finally awake,” the brunette parent said with a grin. “I’ll go find your parents; they’re on the first floor somewhere.”

          “How’re you feeling baby?” Sungmin wondered.

          “Hurt,” Kyuhyun replied in a raspy tone. It hurt Kyuhyun’s chest and body for him to even breathe, much less talk, but he wanted to talk to his fiancé.

          “I’m sorry to hear that,” Sungmin apologized as he grazed his fingers over the burn mark on Kyuhyun’s neck.

          “Love you,” Kyuhyun muttered as he pulled Sungmin’s head against his and nudged his face against Sungmin’s.

          “I love you too baby,” Sungmin replied.

          The door to the room opened up, and in walked Leeteuk and Kyuhyun’s parents. “Kyuhyun honey, you’re awake finally,” his mother exclaimed as she rushed over to him. Sungmin stepped out of the way so the woman could hug her son.