•15•

The place that was rented out for the charity dinner is absolutely gorgeous. The most amazing landscaping I've ever seen lines the walkway up to the door, where two men stand.
"Mr. Osterfield. Ms. Waters. Welcome." The man smiles as he opens the door for us to walk inside. My eyes light up when I see how elegant it is. Everyone is dressed nicely, the tables are set beautifully, the whole decor style gives me a vintage Paris feel. I feel totally inspired by this to write later. Everything Haz does inspires me to write. He really is the main character.
"This turnout is amazing Haz. Where are the funds going?" I ask.
"Stem cell research." He smiles proudly. He's always loved donating to important causes.
We walk through the room, greeting a few people as we make a round. Haz groans, an obviously irritated look on his face. It only hits me why when I look up, seeing the man I had met the other day. Michael. The one Haz really doesn't like.
"Almost didn't recognize you. Looking absolutely gorgeous." He says to me.
"Thank you." I nod, when in reality I wanted to tell him he's coming on a little strong.
"No date?" Haz asks, almost rubbing it in his face.
"By choice. I prefer to ride solo." He shrugs.
"I'm gonna go say hi to the twins." I excuse myself before any drama starts. I walk across the room, over to the two boys standing alone.
"Whatcha guys doin?" I ask.
"Avoiding the boring business talk. It's like these guys have no personality outside of work." Sam says.
"I honestly regret coming." I laugh lightly.
"Me too. This sucks." Harry comments. "Everyone's dancing and engaging with other people. It makes me sick."
Harry is quite the introvert. A lot like me. Neither of us like situations like this. Maybe if it was more relaxed, but the fancy outfits and expensive decor and entertainment is a bit much.
"At least you guys can leave whenever and no one will notice." I groan.
"Wanting to leave?"
I jump when I hear the voice, and feel an arm rest on my shoulder. Though it wasn't Haz. It was Tom.
"Desperately." I answer his question.
"But tonight's the night to make your move." He encourages and I roll my eyes.
"No moves will be made. We're just friends. He made that very clear." I state.
"Just friends? You and Haz? That's hilarious." Sam says.
"Cmon, lets go sit down and watch the lovebirds slowly come together." Tom says with a smile, practically dragging me to the table.
I sit down next to him, and he obviously is scoping out the room.
"What are we looking for?" I ask.
"A guy." He says.
"Is this your way of coming out to me?" I ask.
"For you, dummy." He rolls his eyes.
"A guy? For me? What for?"
He ignores my question, still looking around the room. Tom is not someone you want to scheme with. He gets too invested and bad things happen. His face falls into a dissapointed look, and I raise my brow at him, waiting for him to tell me what's going on. I follow his eye line, over to the dance floor. The sight in front of me makes my heart sting a bit, seeing Haz dancing with some random girl. She's pretty, and she's got a great smile. I sink into my chair, really wishing I hadn't of come tonight.
"I'm sorry.." Tom says.
"It's fine." I shake my head. "We're just friends."
"But you're not! Your Haz and Kylie!" He exclaims louder than I would have liked. Luckily the music and chatter drowned him out.
If Haz is going to have fun with other girls, then I can have fun with other guys. My eyes glance over to Michael, who is standing alone drinking a glass of champagne. He's worth talking to. He's cute and successful, but a little bit cocky. I can overlook that though for one night. I stand from my seat, and Tom instantly catches on to who I'm going to talk to.
"You do realize this is gonna start something right?" Tom mutters.
"If Haz doesn't want me anymore, then he should have no problem with me talking with other guys." I say, walking off in the direction of Michael.
I reach the boy, and he gives me a smirk as he looks me up and down.
"Using me to make your boy toy jealous?" He asks.
"Why? Would you care?" I tease and he laughs lightly.
"you can use me for whatever you want." He says in a sexual tone and I shake my head.
"Nah don't do that. Don't make this weird."
"I've had a lot of champagne, I'm gonna get a little weird." He states.
"Who's the girl with Haz?" I ask, glancing over to the pair on the dance floor.
"Her names Beth. She's slept with practically the entire office."
So she gets around.. she's most definitely trying to get in Haz's pants. Why wouldn't she? He's the ultimate goal of someone who sleeps around in the work place.
"You know, you can totally use me to make him jealous." He offers.
"And what makes you think I want to do that?" I ask.
"It's obvious, Kylie."
I look over to Haz and the girl again, seeing that they're having a lot of fun together. I'm done caring so much, if he can have fun so can I. I don't want to make him jealous. If he doesn't want me then he doesn't want me. Simple as that.
"How about you take me on the dance floor and show me some moves?" I suggest.
He swiftly takes my hand, leading me to the dance floor. Michael is very confident in himself. He positions my arm, and takes my hand in his, but he stumbles slightly as we try to dance, making me giggle.
"Wow, something you can't do?" I ask sarcastically as he tries really hard to guide me seamlessly across the dance floor. Haz is a great dancer, he never had a problem dancing with me.
"I'm just having fun." He shrugs with a smirk, twirling me around. We both laugh as we come back together, messily swaying to the music.
"I'm going for the dip." He says.
"Oh you are now? You better not drop me." I say.
"No promises." He teases.

•Haz's pov•
I sit at the table next to Tom and the twins. I swear I just saw Kylie sitting here a few minuets ago.. Where'd she go?
"Really? Beth?" Tom asks with an eye roll.
"It's not like I'm sleeping with her. It was just one dance." I shrug. "Do you know where Kylie went?"
The twins laugh to themselves, and I wait impatiently for an answer.
"Mate, shes dancing with Michael." Tom says and my eyes instantly dart to the dance floor, looking over the crowd until they land on the two dancing together. Really poorly. It doesn't seem to be bothering her though, she's laughing with him like no one is around to judge their shitty dancing and clumsiness. I don't like how his hands are on her, and I don't see why she's letting him get so close. I don't think Alex would like that.
I force myself to turn away, and try not to care. I can't care anymore. She's not mine to care for.
"You don't bring a girl on a date and then leave her sitting alone.. or that happens." Sam comments.