•17•

•Kylie's pov•
I finish up my Sunday meeting early so I can go to brunch with Michael. I finally got a physical copy of my book, and it's gorgeous. It's so surreal to actually be able to hold it and look at it. My name on the cover and everything. I never thought this day would come but here we are. I will soon be a published author.
I walk into the restaurant that Michel told me to meet him at. It's super nice and fancy, I definitely wasn't dressed for this. Kind of makes me miss going to the diner with Haz.
"Reservation?" The older bald man asks me, looking me up and down.
"She's here with me." Michael says as he appears at my side.
"Of course Mr. Young. Right this way." The man nods, and Michaels hand rests on my lower back.
"You look nice." He says lowly as we follow behind the seater.
"Would have looked nicer if I knew we were coming here." I comment.
"Well I think you're beautiful."
His words don't quite affect me in the way they should, but I blame it on the lack of knowledge that I have on him. I'm just getting to know him.
He pulls out my chair for me, and I thank him, taking my seat. He's pulling out every trick that Haz does, but it just doesn't feel the same. No one can ever replace him.. but I'll have to try.
"Red wine please." Michael says.
"Of course." The man nods, walking off.
"So.." Michael starts. "How was your meeting?"
I go on to tell him how it went, my aspirations of becoming a famous writer, and how excited I am to have my first book published. He listens intently, and has a conversation with me about it. Michael is actually pretty cool. I really can't see why Haz doesn't like him. I get there is some competition between the two but Haz is the CEO, he shouldn't feel intimidated by an employee.
"You're absolutely amazing, Kylie." He says.
There it is, that little pang of happiness. It's happening.
"Thanks." I smile.
We get our lunch, and it's probably the best thing I've ever eaten. I still kind of wish I were here with Haz instead of Michael though. I miss going on dates like this, just not with strangers. I've never been one to go from guy to guy, I mean I was with Haz for three years. I know I could learn to love someone new, I just don't want to.
We finish our food, and chat as we leave the restaurant, walking through the parking lot.
"Tell me, how do you feel about motorcycles?" He asks and I lift my brow.
"Wouldn't know, I've never been on one." I state. 
"Well.. would you like to?" He asks as we reach a black bike. He grabs a helmet off of it, handing it to me.
I hold the slate colored helmet in my hands, looking up to him. This probably isn't the smartest idea. I can definitely hear my mum in my head saying to turn the other way, that I have no clue how good he is at driving this thing but.. who cares.
"You know what? Fuck it. Let's go." I smile.
He gets a wide smile on his face, helping me put the helmet on my head. He sits on the bike, and I sit on the seat behind him.
"Alright just hold on tightly and you'll be okay." He says, grabbing my hands to place them around his torso.
The thought of Haz absolutely freaking out about me putting myself in danger, riding on a bike with someone I don't know pops in my head, but I push it away quickly. I just want to have fun today.

•Haz's pov•
I pace the living room, pressing the call button on Kylie's contact over and over, but no answer. It's been two hours since she went to brunch with Michael.. she should have been back by now.
"What's the emergency?!" Tom asks quickly as he jogs through the door. He's out of breath and obviously worried.
"It's Kylie." I say.
"What happened?" He asks.
"She's not home yet!"
His expression falls, now looking irritated. He hits my arm and I groan in pain.
"Seriously?! I thought someone was dying!" He yells at me.
"Well she might be!" I groan, sitting on the sofa.
He sighs, moving to sit across from me.
"Haz.. I hate to say it but.. have you thought that maybe they just went back to his place?" He questions, and I feel sick to my stomach. That's the last thing I want to think about. My Angel being touched by him.. it makes me want to kill him.
"If he slept with her he's fired." I say plainly.
The front door opens, and I quickly stand from my seat on the sofa. Kylie walks in, setting her bag down.
"Why didn't you answer any of my calls or texts?" I ask.
Her brows scrunch together, pulling her phone out and checking it.
"Oh- must not have heard it." She shrugs.
"I thought something bad happened to you!" I exclaim.
"Haz, I'm fine." She laughs. "We got lunch and went on a ride on his motorcycle."
As happy as I am to hear that they didn't go back to his place, im pissed he took her on his stupid bike.
"That's not safe." I say.
"I knew you were going to say that." She shakes her head. "Hi Tom. How's your day?"
"Pretty good." Tom smiles and I throw my hands up.
"We're not done talking!" I groan.
"I don't know what you want me to say Haz, you're not the boss of me." She shrugs.
"Well Jesus Christ Kylie why would you do that? And then not let me know where you are?"
She looks over to Tom, and he nods, standing up and walking towards the door. He waved goodbye and leaves the house, leaving just Kylie and I.
"Haz.. I don't owe you an explanation for where I go or what I do. You're not my boyfriend anymore.." she says quietly. "This is my last night here anyways. It was great being here and reconnecting with all of you, but it's time I go back to my life."
She walks past me, down the hallway. I let out a painful sigh, falling back onto the chair. I wanted so badly to talk to her and fix things today, but I can't now. She's leaving. It's over.
For the first time since she came here, I've fully lost hope.
____
I walk into Kylie's room, seeing she's almost fully packed up. It's going to hurt to see her leave me once again. Having her here made this place feel like a home again, and I know as soon as she leaves it's going to feel like a prison.
"I've contacted my marketing team, they will be calling you to set up a meeting soon." I inform her.
"Thanks Haz." She smiles.
I'm gonna miss that smile so god damn much.
"I can't believe it's already over.." I mutter.
She zips up her suitcase, setting it to the ground and pulling up the handle.
"I think this was really good for us.. reconnecting and all." She states.
"Yeah. It was. I missed you a lot."
"I missed you too, Hazzy." She says, pulling me into a hug. I cling to her tightly, trying to savor every last minute of this before she goes back home, back to her normal life, and slowly stops seeing me again. It's gonna hurt, but if it's what's best for her then I don't care. I just want her to be happy.