// sixteen //

•Who Do You Love•

••••••

••••••

V A L E N T I N E' S D A Y felt extremely and undoubtedly different. Reina tried to be positive, knowing it wasn't just her own fault she was a bitter lonely girl, without a pair to accompany her on such a romantic celebration.

The Ojeda female tried to tell herself that she was fine, that she didn't need a boyfriend to be happy, but it wasn't easy to see someone she truly loved be with someone else. Sure, Valerio hurt her, he cheated on her, knowing damn well this was what Reina would have a very difficult time forgetting, but she still loved him. Reina wanted to kiss him, for him to hold her as they'd do nothing but be with each other, comfortable and in love.

The truth was messier, though, and Reina couldn't forget Valerio's dismissal of her. Reina still couldn't believe he'd choose Cayetana and Polo over her, but it wasn't like Reina didn't push the guy away. She didn't want to be regretful, she had every right to be mad at Valerio, but seeing couples in every corner of Las Encinas did have its own affect on the redhead as she continued to walk towards the class.

Las Encinas took their celebrations seriously, heart shaped balloons on walls, red and pink with a bunch of other decorations that started to annoy Reina's eyes. She continued to walk, looking at couples, way closer to each other than during normal school days. Reina thought it was funny how one day of societal forced affection changed everyone, but love did hang in the air so whatever it was teenagers loved Valentine's Day.

Reina pouted as she continued to walk, seeing a guy raise a girl up as she yelped, trying to bring her lifted skirt back down as others laughed. The redhead scoffed under her breath, not looking where she has heading anymore until she bumped into someone, the person's cologne too familiar and tempting.

"Whoah," Polo mused in surprise when a certain redhead, who was usually keen on avoiding him, bumped straight into his chest, coming face to face. Reina felt her body boil, a touch with Polo overdriving her brain as he still held onto her arm, which he grabbed onto so she wouldn't make him fall.

Reina wanted to move, hell, she wanted to fly away, but maybe it was the damned love day and the sentiment of a human touch, which wouldn't let her move, her cheeks burning as she stared at Polo's blue eyes. "Sorry," Polo smiled unconsciously, reluctantly letting go of the redhead because Cayetana was right next to him, already aware of both of their reactions to Reina's doomed destiny.

The redhead continued to burn, for a small second forgetting she was supposed to avoid Polo and what she felt. She felt like life loved to laugh at her, why did it have to be Polo out of all people she bumped into? The more Reina wanted to ignore the guy, the closer life seemed to pull them together, and Reina hated it. "No, I'm sorry," Reina tried to ignore Polo's sparkling eyes, it's been a while she saw him look so genuine, and realizing it was his reaction to her didn't help her case.