Empty Apology's

"No, I don't accept your apology, Harry because for once in your life you're not going to get what you want."

"Y/N!" He had been calling after me for the last two minutes trying to get me to talk to him. I continued to ignore him and walk down the busy corridors. "Y/N, wait, please. I want to talk to you!"

I turned down one of the hallways no one ever goes down and I stopped, turned around, and waited for the chosen one to come in after me. 

"What in Merlin's name could you possibly want, Potter?" I snapped as the boy turned down the hallway as expected. 

"Look, I'm sorry. I truly am just he fired first and-" I scoffed at what he was calling an apology.

"Listen here." I breathed out as I stepped close to him. "I'm not the one you need to apologize to. You almost killed Draco, not me. What went through your precious mind that thought using a spell like that on him was a good idea. What has he ever done to you? What have we ever done to you? Nothing, right? So what the hell, Harry?" The anger that I'd been holding in ever since summer started flooding out. "I don't see what people think you're all special. You don't care about anyone except the Gryffindors, maybe the Hufflepuffs. You don't care that some of the things you do hurts people, especially Slytherins. We're not all bad you know? Some of us are just a little misunderstood and the fact you don't take your time to learn about it really says something. Yeah, I know your parents died but mine- mine did too. And Cedric and my aunt stopped talking to me once I came here. You're praised in this school while everyone in my house is avoided and tormented. I'm sick of it! Honestly, I am. And that apology, what was that? He fired first? Maybe, but you must have done something to him because I know for a fact he doesn't just shoot spells to shoot them. No, I don't accept your apology, Harry because for once in your life you're not going to get what you what. And I'm not sorry if that hurts your feelings." I didn't let him respond before walking back around him and shoving past Ron and Hermione that had made their way to the entrance of the hallway. 

I heard them ask him what that was all about before I picked up my pace and ran down the familiar field to the tree. Half expecting Draco not to be there but he was. I was hoping he would go to class at least once. His grades had fallen behind which is odd for him. 

I rushed to him and noticed faint tears stained on his cheek. "You alright?" I asked as I sat in the dewy morning grass in front of him. 

"No, haven't been for a while." He says never making eye contact with me. I didn't know what to say but the silence was common. 

We both heaved a sigh. "You know, we've got a week." He says before moving his gaze from the waters to meet my eyes. 

"Hmm?" I asked a bit confused about what he was referring to. 

"A week. I sent father a letter telling him it was ready. The death eaters will be here in a week's time. And we still haven't completed the last thing."

I nodded knowing the news couldn't have been great. 

"Well, I can tell by the fact you skipped class that something upset you as well." He asked changing the subject. 

I nodded. "It's just Harry. I feel bad for the kid I really do but just... I don't know."

"I know." He says with a sigh before returning his gaze to the dark waters of the lake.