19 Years Later

"Is that Y/N I hear?"

The battle from when I was younger still flashed through my head when I slept. The thought of Tracey dying in my arms. The looks of pain on George's face that had failed to disappear even now. We had funerals for everyone which was awful. 

Draco and I got married a couple of years back and now have a son, Scorpius. I think it's a bloody awful name but it fits him. Plus Draco wouldn't shut his trap about it. George and I became friends again and Theo and I still talk all the time. 

Today, I would see them again. Maybe even Fred, Tracey, and Cedric. McGonnagol invited every student that was present in the battle back to Hogwarts to see it. They added a hallway of paintings of everyone that died, their spirit in the frames allowing them to speak. It was a fantastic idea and I was excited. 

We got off the train and headed towards the castle. My arm hooked in Draco's. 

"You look like an oaf." He said as we arrived at the entrance. 

"Oh, hush," I said slapping his shoulder a little bit. 

Minerva stood at the double doors. As soon as she saw the two of us she came running. She grabbed both of us and pulled us into a hug. "Oh!" She said happily. "I missed you two." I loved McGonnogal. She knew what Draco and I did, but she could see past that and see that we were two kids that didn't have a choice. "Please," She said gesturing us to the stairs. 

People were coming at different times and I guess we came at a time not a lot of people were here. "It's right down the hall, that way." She pointed in the direction.

"Thank you," I said to her as we started walking that way. The anticipation built as we got closer and closer. I could see warm light coming from around a corner. That must be it. 

I took a deep breath before I turned down the hallway. The hallway twisted in tons of directions, splitting off as well. Behind the pictures was red silk-like fabric. The frames of the people were decorated in different shapes and patterns of gold. It was beautiful. This was to honor all the Gryffindors that passed. 

I stepped in but Draco stayed put. I knew seeing all these people made him guilty. He even refused to step into Fred Weasley's funeral because he felt bad. He still cared, still went, but stayed in the back. 

"I'll be back. I just need to see them." I said continuing to step forward, scanning the walls for Fred. 

Then I saw someone dancing around in a frame. The patch of fiery hair gave it away. "Hey Weasley," I said, running up to it. Fred stopped dancing and ran up to the front of the frame.

"My eyes are playing tricks! It's Y/N!." He said. Fred was still his teenager self. He and George were now easier to tell apart since George had aged. 

"Yup." I laughed. 

"Well, how ya been?" He said leaning an elbow on the edge of the frame. 

I nodded with a smile. I still felt awful that I hadn't talked to him in years. The last time we spoke was me telling them to go away... if I remember correctly. One of the worst times of my life. 

We talked for a while, laughing. It brought me back to the time I was fifteen again. Merlin, how I missed it. The only things I worried about were pissing off Umbitch. I laughed at the memory as I continued on. Next was the Ravenclaw section. I didn't know many Ravenclaw's even though I always admired their creativity and how they always overlooked. Yes, they were smart. But more than just books. They understood everything life threw at them. 

Then was Slytherin. 

"Tracey...?" I called out. I was a little nervous to see her. She would still be seventeen. Still just a kid. I was older now, it would be the weirdest sense of Deja Vu. 

"Is that Y/N I hear?" There she was. I ran to her silver-lined frame. I was right. It was weird. Her dark brown hair and brown eyes hadn't changed one bit. I could remember walking down the hallways together, talking. 

"Hey," Then a memory flashed into my head. I saw her dead. Lying in my arms. But as quickly as it came it left. "Merlin, I wish you were here. You're missing all the fun adult things like getting drunk till you can't walk."

"Oh, yeah. 'Fun'." She said sarcastically. "So, how's Theo?" She asked. I thought about that for a moment. How awful it must've been for him. Losing his girlfriend. I couldn't even imagine Draco. Especially like that.

"Good. He refuses to date again. Guess it makes sense." I said with a laugh. "He been by here." She shook her head.

"No. Not yet at least."

We finished up our conversation and I told her there was one more person to see. I don't if I was ready to see him again. It had been years. 

I remember, very vividly, the sleepless nights thinking about him. Cedric. 

The last section were the Hufflepuff's. This section had the fewest number of pictures. Guess they were stronger than everyone thought. 

I found him very quickly due to the shortage of pictures. Maybe twenty tops. 

"Cedric?" I asked as I approached the one I thought was him. I saw a warm smile spread over his face as he recognized my voice. It was strange seeing everyone but not actually seeing them. I mean they were 'pictures' in a sense. 

"Y/N." He greeted, coming closer to the edge of the frame. "Bloody hell. Your old now." He laughed.

"Haha." I shot back. "Very funny." I taunted back. 

Then he froze. "IS THAT A WEDDING RING?" He said louder than he needed to. "WHO'S THE GUY. Or girl, I'm not judging." He put his hands up in defense. 

"Draco," I said with a laugh. Once again, I remember telling him how I hated him with every bone in my body. 

"I CALLED IT. I CALLED IT!" He cheered to himself, dancing around in a circle. "I always knew it would end up being you two."

"Oh did you now?" I crossed my arms and leaned into my hip.

"Ever since the yule ball. I just knew."