Chapter 2

-Edit: Made quite a lot of changes. Best to read again-

TWs: mention of self-harm scars, self-starving, vomiting, disassociation (?)

Hitoshi muttered a small, "For God sake." and retreated to his room with a quick mention of "reaching his social battery limit for the day".

"Izuku, your room is this one. You can unpack your stuff if you'd like!" Hizashi exclaimed as he walked towards what must've been Izuku's room. Izuku nodded briefly and followed the voice Hero into his new room.

The room had white walls, and the floor was covered in wooden floorboards. A bed was positioned in the right corner of the room. It had light grey bed sheets, and a white cushion lay at the top of it. There was a dark wood coloured wardrobe next to the door and a desk was in the left corner of the room. The desk was white with tiny spots of black splattered on it. A black stool was tucked underneath the desk.

"We didn't really know what you like, so you can decorate however you like! We could go to the store if you want!" Hizashi began. "Maybe we can get to know each other more afterwards, or anything really." He walked out the door once Izuku nodded, closing the door behind him.

Izuku sighed as he removed the ukulele case and bag from his shoulders.

He never bothered to unpack. He was just going to be back in the orphanage soon anyway, so what was the point of it? He didn't even have very much anyway. There was still loads of room in his bag.

Izuku removed his tattered sketchbook from the bag and positioned them on the desk before he turned back to his bag and hid it underneath the desk, where his ukulele would temporarily reside.

Izuku sat down at the desk and opened his sketchbook to the unfinished drawing before he got to work. He rolled up his sleeves a little and grabbed a pencil before he let his imagination flow through his fingertips.

"Izuku! Dinner's ready!" Eri knocked on the door as she spoke, snapping Izuku out of his reverie. Izuku considered going out, but he didn't want to talk or make contact with anyone yet. Eventually, he decided to ignore the girl's calls and continued his drawing.

Izuku was broken from his imagination yet again when he heard the door creak open.
"Izuku? Dinner's ready." Hizashi said, a little too loud for Izuku's liking. Izuku had rolled up his sleeves a bit more as they kept falling back over his fingers, so they were now at his elbows, showing the small scars, new and old, littering his arms. Izuku quickly rolled down his sleeves and closed his sketchbook.

"Izuku? You have to eat." Hizashi said, quieter than he usually was. He came up to Izuku and ruffled his hair softly. Izuku had let his hood fall down, allowing his messy hair to reveal itself.

"Not hungry." the kid murmured. Hizashi stayed silent for a few moments, before he finally spoke,

"When was the last time you ate?"

Izuku didn't answer for a while. When was the last time he ate? Breakfast? No, he was in time-out for insulting another kid. The night before, maybe? He couldn't remember much of the night before, if he was being honest. He didn't remember eating, only sitting on his bed, scrolling through his phone as tears rolled down his cheeks. Everything else was a blur.

"I don't know... Last night or something..." Izuku knew Hizashi would be concerned at the response, but he couldn't find a piece of him that cared.

"Izuku, it's six in the afternoon..."

"I know that. You don't have to tell me."

Hizashi paused. What could he say that would persuade Izuku to eat something?