Part II

Part II

You screamed. The ghost lying on the bed in front of you just opened his eyes and looked at you. You felt the snaky rest on your legs again. You paid more attention to the feeling. You then tried to get up, but the arm that slapped your side was now pinning you down. You squirmed and wriggled free from the arm and ran toward what looked like a hallway and ran down the stairs to and out the door. You ran as far as you could, but the forest almost never ended. You finally saw the newspaper you had thrown. You just kept running but you suddenly tripped over a...
...tiny tree? You watched the tree shrink down into the ground. You felt your little body get plucked from the ground. You saw the slightly transparent hands that squeezed your ribs gently. You felt yourself being pressed to a cold-ish-warm-ish body. You heard comforting words as the person kneeled onto the ground. You even felt your left cheek being lightly kissed every time a scared tear ran down it. You finally told yourself 'I lose, he found me'.

The ghost put you down on the ground and stood up. You stayed lying on the ground, aimlessly staring at glittery toes that were almost invisible. You shuddered. The ghost knelt down gently next to you again. He gently sat you up.

"Don't be afraid" the ghost gently whispered and gently touched his hand to your cheek "I won't hurt you, I promise" He even held out a long, glittery pinkie finger. You slowly moved your hand up and touched your pinkie to his. You let the ghost gently wrap his finger around yours, and you both sealed the promise with a touch to the thumbs.

You actually let him carry you back to the little cottage. You felt safe now, and you wrapped your arms around his neck.

The ghost opened the door and walked through the opening. He could have gone through the door again, but he did not want to freak you out. He placed you on the ground and you stood there.

"Hey, have a seat, darling" the ghost joked. (A/N: Edward may seem a little nicer/outta character than usual. I know his persona, but I made him be a bit more of a sweetie. Sorry >_<) You shyly walked toward an old couch made from denim. The ghost was seated with his legs crossed, waiting. You sat farthest away from him. He scooted over toward you as you tried to inch away from him, but you would probably tumble over the armrest of that ugly denim couch. You stopped to prevent that from happening, and let the ghost gently hold your hand in his. It felt really hot, but not enough to burn you. It was like bath water on a comfy setting. His hand was also cushiony soft.

"I know everything about you" he said.

"No you do not" you maturely stated

"Yes I do Miss y/n. My mom died in a similar way and my dad ran from me. Your dad was killed in the shooting I also went through" he said. You were spooked, but the ghost's gentle eyes softened "you really need someone to raise you. You are only seven" he said, gently squeezing your hand.

"How did you know Mister...?" You asked but stopped when you realized you did not know his name.

"Edward Elric. Just call me Ed" he corrected you. "I know because well... I guess you could say that as a ghost I have some crazy weird powers. I read through all your memories" his face was as straight and as bored as the sun was usually bright. "I should show you my favorite power! Come on y/n!" He leaned in to grab you from the couch. He walked straight through the glass (you were not phased) and into a green backyard meadow with lots of different flowers. He put you down on the grass.

The ghost sat next to you and said

"I have this power where I can create plants. What is your favorite color, y/n?"

You stated the color you liked.

"Here, hold this" he placed a handful of soil in your cupped palms. He gently clapped his hands and laid two of his fingers on the soil. They glowed a green light as he touched the soil. But then, you watched as a little green sprout emerged from the dirt. You watched the plant grow into a little f/c bud, that opened up into a beautiful rose. You looked at the rose with awe.