Part 5

AT NCIS HQ:

Gibbs, Jack and Bishop walked to the interrogation room that Torres put Noah in.

Gibbs was about to open the door when Bishop jumped in front and said. "Gibbs you have to let me do this!"

"No I don't. You're too close to this."

"Gibbs that's why Ellie should interrogate Noah, she has an in. Let's use it." Jack said, putting her hand on Gibbs' arm.

Gibbs looked to Jack, then at Bishop. "Alright, go for it." Gibbs hands the case file to Bishop then he walks to the viewing room and Jack follows him.

"She'll do her job Cowboy, the way you taught her too."

"That's what I'm worried about. You should never interrogate boyfriend or ex wife." Gibbs says standing closely to Jack.

"Is that a rule?"

"Nope, just something I learned...the hard way."

"There's a story there... which I would love to hear..." Jack said, nudging Gibbs' hand. "Later."

INSIDE THE INTERROGATION ROOM:

Bishop walked to the table and throws the case file next to Noah. "Gates, why did you kill petty officer Crane?" She asks in a stern tone.

"Ellie... I didn't. I couldn't."

"No Gates! It's agent Bishop!" Bishop glared at him. "We found your fingerprints at the crime scene. So I'll ask again, why'd you kill her!?"

"Where did you find them?"

"I'm asking the questions here! Now why!?"

"I... walked to her room.. the door was open, I called out but Mary didn't say anything so I walked in to check on her."

"And that's when you killed her?" Bishop slammed her hands on the table and glared at him.

"No.... that's when I went to the bathroom because I heard the shower on... There was so much blood! She... she..." Noah hid his face in his hands.

"Well Jack?" Gibbs looked at her.

"I don't know? He looks so... I don't know, sad?" Jack crossed her arms.

Noah looked up at Bishop. "I promise you.. El... Agent Bishop, all I did was wrap Mary up and bury her. She didn't deserve this, she liked me and I liked her."

"So let me see if I have this straight, you found her murdered in the shower so instead of calling the police, you hid her body in the woods!"

Noah said nothing, he just sat there staring.

"ANSWER ME!" Bishop shouts.

"We need to get in there." Jack said, walking to the door.

Gibbs opened the door for her then said. "Yep."

"GATES!" Bishop slammed her hands on the table again.

The interrogation room door swung open and Gibbs walked in. "That's enough Bishop!"

"Ellie, please calm down." Jack said in a calm voice. "Noah is scared and agitated, he's not going to say anything."

"No I'm close!"

"Come on Ellie let's go." Jack said in a much firmer tone, touching her shoulder.

"Fine!" Bishop stormed out to the hallway, Jack followed.

Jack stopped Bishop in an empty corner and said. "Well are we gonna talk about what happened in there?"

"Do we have to?"