BLIND

Gabriela Dawson decided to make another surprise visit. Everyone was happy to see her and even happier when they learned that this time she would be staying for a week. She was returning to the kitchen from the Chief's office when she saw Matt and Sylvie talking through the window. What she found weird was the way they were looking at each other and smiling. She called Stella over and pointed at her ex-husband and best friend chatting.

"How long has that been going on?" 

"What do you mean?" Stella asked, trying to look like she didn't know what Gabby was talking about.

"Brett and Casey"

"They are just friends," she said.

"Are you blind?" Gabby asked.

"I am not blind but they are. They clearly like each other but neither of them are doing anything about it. Are you okay with this?" Kidd replied.

"Of course," she lied. It was kind of weird thinking about Brett and Casey as a couple.

AMBULANCE 61 MAN IN DISTRESS ON *ADDRESS*

~~~~~~~~~~MOLLY'S~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone from firehouse 51 was at Molly's for Gabby's welcome back party at Molly's. Dawson was sitting on the bar talking with Stella and Foster when Matt came and ordered a beer and a vodka cranberry. He took the drinks to his and Sylvie's table in the corner were they had been sitting for a while. 

"I don't think I have ever seen Casey this nervous. Look at him! He is fidgeting, " Gabby said.  

"He really likes her. You should have seen his face when Kyle proposed to Brett. Poor guy didn't want to let it show how disappointed he was. He fake smiled and told her that he was happy for her," Foster said taking a sip from her drink. She turned her head to look at them and saw her roommate and laughing at something he said. She rarely saw her laugh like that. " Not to mention that whenever Casey saw her with a guy he asked her subtly if he was her boyfriend."

"Now, we just have to wait for one of them to make a move," Stella said.

"I keep telling her that she need to jump him but she won't listen to me. Anyway, How are things with you and Severide?" Emily asked Stella.

~~~~~~~~~~AT THE TABLE~~~~~~~~~~

Sylvie was drunk. Matt had to cut her off after the last glass

Sylvie rested her head on her arm and told Matt that she was tired. He smiled at how cute she looked.

"Come on, I'll drive you home."

"It's okay, I'll take an Uber," she said.

"Nonsense, i am driving you. I've only had two beers."

"Thank you, Matt." As they passed the girls on the bar, he stopped to ask Foster if she wanted to come with them. She declined saying that she will take an Uber later. With that the two love birds left to go to Matt's car. The ride to Brett's place was quite. 

When they reached the house, he asked her for her keys and she complied. She was so tired and the  three glasses of vodka and the tequila shots before them did not help with the situation. Matt helped her get to the apartment. He was about to leave when Sylvie asked him if he could stay until she fell asleep. When he agreed, she did something unexpected. SHE KISSED HIM. Matt froze. Before he could kiss her back she pulled away and started walking towards her room. She turned around and asked him,

"Are you coming?" He started walking towards her, still shocked. When she got to her room, she took off her shoes and  lied down. The moment her head hit the pillow she sighed. Casey sat down next to her until she fell asleep, which didn't take long. 

~~~~~~~~~~ MATT AND KELLY'S APARTMENT~~~~~~~~~~  

 Matthew Casey didn't know what to do. He did not expect Brett to kiss him. He wanted to do  that for so long and now he didn't know what to do about it. She was so drunk, she might not even remember it the next day. 

Kelly came out of his room to see his roommate sitting on the couch with his head thrown back staring at the ceiling. 

"Dude, are you okay?"

"I don't know"

"What happened?"

"Sylvie kissed me."

"Then why do you have that look on your face? I thought you liked Brett?" He asked and sat down next to him.

"I like her a lot but she was drunk and I don't know what the kiss means. Did she do it because she likes me or was it just the alcohol making her do stupid things?" He turned to look at Severide.

"How can you be so blind?"

"What do you mean?"

"Brett likes you. It's obvious. You should just tell her when you talk about the kiss."

"Who said anything about talking about the kiss?"

"What are going to do? Pretend it didn't happen? She is going to think  that you don't have feelings for her."

"I don't know what I am going to do. What I know is that I am tired. Good night." Matt said getting up going to his room.

~~~~~~~~~NEXT SHIFT~~~~~~~~~~

 Matt and Sylvie had been acting weird all day. Everyone picked up on that but only one of them knew why. And he was sitting outside with his girlfriend.

"Do you know what is wrong with Casey and Brett?" 

"I do."

"Well...what is it?"

"I am not telling you. If Brett wants you to know then she'll tell you," he told her.

~~~~~~~~~~MATT'S QUARTERS~~~~~~~~~~

Matt was doing paperwork when Sylvie came in. She immediately closed the blinds and and locked the door.

"We need to talk," she said.

"I know."

"I am sorry I kissed you. I shouldn't have done it."

"I am not." He got up and looked at her with a soft look in his eyes.

"What?" she asked, confused.

"I am not sorry that you kissed me. I like you, Sylvie. I like you a lot and I have been too afraid to tell you."

"I like you, too."

They were staring in each others eyes and started leaning in. When their lips touched, it was like they were the only two people on thee planet. Sylvie wrapped her arms around his neck and Matt's were resting on her waist. Unfortunately, they didn't get to enjoy the moment for long.

AMBULANCE 61, TRUCK81, SQUAD 3 . HOUSE FIRE ON *ADDRESS*