SICK

"I am not sick," Sylvie said trying to get up from the bed but Matt gently pushed her down. 

"Yes, you are. Sylvie, you are a paramedic you know that you are sick. When I woke up you were in the bathroom puking."

"I am not sick," Sylvie protested.

"Then, how do you explain the puking?" her boyfriend asked.

"I wasn't going to tell you like this but I am pregnant," she told him.

"No, you're not. You are a terrible liar and you were drinking yesterday at Molly's."

"Fine," she groaned," I am not pregnant but I don't want to stay in bed alone all day."

"I know and that is why you are not going to be alone. I called the Chief and told him that I need the day off and that you are sick." 

"I love you," she said.

"I love you too," he said and kissed her forehead." Now, lie down and I am going to bring you breakfast in bed."

"You are the best. Thank you." 

He got up and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. They had been arguing for ten minutes whether she was sick or not. When he got back to the room, he found his girlfriend asleep. Matt shook her gently to wake her up and told her to eat. They spend the rest of the day in bed watching TV.

The next day, Matt was the one that was sick.