56: Reunited [Pt.2]

Draco and Nicholas unfortunately had to leave. Nicholas was staying with Draco for the summer; they were cousins. Before he went Nicholas whispered in my ear "I'll be telling Zoe what happened." I raised an eyebrow "what happened?" Nicholas rolled his eyes and said "you went all red around Malfoy. You do know that everyone wants you both to get together right?" as a matter of fact I did not know that. I manage to hide my blush and said "I do not know what you are talking about." 

Nicholas just smirked before leaving.

I entered the Leaky Cauldron when two small arms wrapped around me with the shriek of "EMMA!" I laughed as I hugged Ginny back "Hey, Gin" I said. The Weasly family was there then. "Hello, Emma!" said Mr Weasly with a grin, reaching out to shake my hand "I finished the book you gave me last summer?" "Oh?" I said smiling and shaking his hand in turn "did you like it?" I chuckled . "Loved it! Muggles are the real magicians here!" I laughed. "Emma." said another voice, I looked up to meet Percy Weaslys eyes, which were narrowed. The Weasly Family treated me the same, even though I was in Slytherin. Apart from Ron, and Percy.  

"Emma!" said Fred, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowingdeeply. "Simply splendid to see you, apprentice —" 

"Marvelous," said George, pushing Fred aside and seizing my hand in turn. "Absolutely spiffing." 

Percy scowled. 

"That's enough, now," said Mrs. Weasley.

 "Mum!" said Fred as though he'd only just spotted her and seizing her hand too. "How really corking to see you —"

 "I said, that's enough," said Mrs. Weasley, depositing her shopping in an empty chair.

 "Hello, Emma, dear." she said, reaching over to hug me "I suppose you've heardour exciting news?" She pointed to the brand-new silver badge onPercy's chest. "Second Head Boy in the family!" she said, swellingwith pride. 

"And last," Fred muttered under his breath. 

"I don't doubt that," said Mrs. Weasley, frowning suddenly. "Inotice they haven't made you two prefects." 

"What do we want to be prefects for?" said George, looking revolted at the very idea. "It'd take all the fun out of life."

Ginny and I laughed,

"You want to set a better example for your sister!" snapped Mrs.Weasley. 

"Ginny's got other brothers to set her an example, Mother," saidPercy loftily. "I'm going up to change for dinner. . . ." 

He disappeared and George heaved a sigh."We tried to shut him in a pyramid," he told me. "But Mumspotted us."

"Hi Emma." I looked up and immediately wanted to look down again. But Slytherins hold our heads up high. "Hi Ron, Hermione." I said. Hermione had a ginger, mangly cat in her hands. "Oh" I said "you got a cat?"

She nodded. Ron Scowled.

 Dinner that night was a very enjoyable affair. Tom the innkeeperput three tables together in the parlor, and the seven Weasleys,Harry and Me, and Hermione ate our way through five delicious courses. 

"How're we getting to King's Cross tomorrow, Dad?" asked Fredas they dug into a sumptuous chocolate pudding. 

"The Ministry's providing a couple of cars," said Mr. Weasley.Everyone looked up at him. 

"Why?" said Percy curiously.

 "It's because of you, Perce," said George seriously. "And there'llbe little flags on the hoods, with HB on them —"