chapter Fifty-six

There are Macbeth references. I've just finished the topic in English

0000o0o0o0o0o00oo0o0o0o0o0oo

Harry had another lesson with Dumbledore. They entered the Pensieve, this time rooting through the memory of Caractacus Burke, the co-owner of Borgin and Burkes. Harry and Dumbledore saw Caractacus talking about Merope's gold locket, claiming that he bought it from her for ten Galleons, an amount far below the locket's actual value. When Harry asked Dumbledore why Merope didn't use her magic to get food and shelter, Dumbledore explained that he thought Merope was so devastated by Tom's desertion that she either chose to stop using magic altogether or found her powers drained by her sadness. And Harry managed to sum up a small inch of sympathy for the woman.

That weekend was definitely a busy one- if not for him, then for Draco, who actually played in the Quidditch match. Some part of Harry regretted punching Zabini while the other (the majority he would say) believed he deserved it and more.

One of the only reasons he regretted it (apart from Draco) was getting himself banned from the Quidditch game: the first game of the year! The reason Harry loved flying so much... well, he didn't even know. Maybe it was his sense of freedom and that's stuck around. First: being trapped at the Dursley's and taking their abuse; everyone's expectations of what he's meant to be; that prophecy, and the return of Voldemort finally being accepting with an added war in the horizon.

Maybe it was the adrenaline of those wanted near death experiences. The thrashing of wind against his already wind-blown hair. And feel of the broom as he dived or took a sharp turn, or just the feel of the wood around his hand. Thirdly, it could be that it's magical.

As simple and as boring as that sounds, it was magic. Something that up until he was eleven, only wished and prayed for it to be true. Something Harry longed to be tangible, but knew better than to get his hopes up for something so outlandish as freedom, purpose... magic.

Today, he and Draco would be seeing Laitan who was staying with Sirius and Remus, due to the fact that Tonks wanted to teach Teddy small metamorphmagus methods so it would be easier for him to control as he grew. "Hey Ree" Draco tested the new nickname, quickly kissing Harry on the cheek to grab a coat Hermione had picked for him over Christmas last year- muggle, of course.

"Ree?" Asked Harry, cheeks blushing pink at the new nickname he might actually like... it wasn't that he didn't adore the others, but those were private, for just the two of them to share within loving caresses in the night or reading and cuddled on a sofa after lessons.

Draco smiled over his shoulder, throwing Harry his own coat because he said the three would go for a walk under fillius charm- because of the Death Eaters. Harry's was more of a jacket than a coat and during their time at Grimmauld Place, Draco said he would redo Harry's wardrobe. "Wanted to try something new." He shrugged casually- something else that had changed about the blonde, "Got a problem with it Potter?" There was Draco! Harry smiled to himself.

"Oh for- brilliant landing Potter with as much grace and poise as always." Draco grumbled lifting Harry by the edge of his jacket. In the kitchen, Laitan laughed at Harry when he fell, "He's already learning what humour to laugh at!" Draco grinned going over and picking up his little brother.

He gargled in baby then ended his sentence in 'Dwaco' because he couldn't pronounce R's yet. He said 'Hawwee' making grabby hands to the teen who took him.

Draco looked on at his boyfriend and brother, thinking that sometimes, light moments can overshadow dark no matter how impermeable the shadowy figures may seem. How sometimes, those thoughts are the dust in the attic you set loose after years of not entering.