flower

flowers. they spoke so many words, spelt out a message when words wouldn't come out. but, he supposed it was quite a difficult language. he wasn't sure she'd be able to pick it up so easily, immediately understand the message he tried to desperately to tell her everyday, but pushing it away due to the fears that created a symphony in his mind.

so, why was he standing outside the nearest florist? he sighed. narukami has recommended this place to him, her voice trickling with sweetness as she spoke about 'love' and the meaning of flowers and how 'her mika' had purchased some. he sighed, hand clenching in his pocket as he slammed open the door.

it was rather empty, but the smell of flowers was overwhelming. the fresh air of the rainy outdoors was lost admist the sea of colour and flowers around him. to say he was mesmerised was an understatement. he could only imagine sora's joy if he were here.

he shook his head. this was about him, and his affection. not sora. he was doing this for her. his face forced itself into a smile as he moved around the store. it was rather cramped, but the sheer amount of flowers made it so much more enjoyable, a nice place to be in.

maybe next time, he'd bring the producer to pick out flowers for herself. he pushed the thought away. maybe that was a bit selfish. his eyes scanned the room once again. he'd remembered what shu-niisan had told him. "red is the colour of love."

red matched the colour of his hair. maybe he was being selfish, choosing a colour so close to himself to give her. he pushed the thought away. he walked to the roses. red... beautiful. they reminded him of her a bit. he smiled to himself again. and he was out of the store in the next few minutes.

she opened her locker the next day. a singular red rose meeting her eye.