Chapter 1- Nothings gonna hurt you baby

Chapter 1

(Nothings gonna hurt you baby by Cigarettes After Sex)

Whispered something in your ear
It was a perverted thing to say
But I said it anyway
Made you smile and look away

Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby
As long as you're with me, you'll be just fine

....

I walked in pushing the heavy doors open. The hot club air slapping me in the face. The heat makes my cold cheeks sting red. I feel the goosebumps rise on my arms. The contrast between the bitter cold of New York in winter and the thick air of this seedy club is giving my senses whiplash.

It's the 2nd of November yet I have decided to not to wear a jacket on the basis that it ruins my outfit. Beauty is pain, as they say. It's a Saturday night so the club is packed.

My freshly tanned leg stick out my short black satin dress, especially with the small slit on the left thigh. The click of my heels on the cement floor is overpowered by the beating bass of the music blaring from the speakers of the grunge club, that is more of a night lounge with a dance floor.

These heels are already killing me. The long walk from the car didn't help either. But the simple black heel was too statement for me to not. You only live once.

We're out tonight because Hazel and her boyfriend broke up. Thank god! He was such a fucking asshole way too immature for her. Hazel is very accomplished and mature while he's very childish and unambitious. He wasn't right for her. She's a lawyer for god's sake. He couldn't hold down a job if he tried, which he didn't.

Anyway, we had a girls day to try and cheer her up. We got our hair done. Got our nails freshly done. We touched up our tans. Did our make up. We had a cute night getting ready together at her apartment, drinking cocktails that I'm only starting to feel now.

I don't wear as much makeup but I decided to put some extra effort into my look tonight with winged eyeliner and a bright red lip. It's been a while since I've gone out.

Hazel's in this white bodycon dress with white strappy heels and a nude look. Elliot is wearing his usual baggy jeans and corduroy shirt paired with one of his many band tees and vans. Typical of Elliot to let us get all dressed up and for him to come dressed in casual entire.

I liked adventure. Spontaneous trips and staying up all night because why the fuck not?! I wanted to live life. I still do. It was like that with Mark. Not so much anymore.

He works a lot. In fact, that's where he is now actually. He's on a business trip at some conference or summit or something. I really don't know but I don't really care.

I'm dragged out of my thoughts by Elliot cupping my cheek turning my face gently to face him.

"Hey, you okay?" He spoke with a hint of concern in his voice. I put my hand over his.

"Yeah. Great. I'm all good." I smile back. Giving his hand a squeeze before he brings it back to his side.

"We've been calling your name," Hazel adds.

"Sorry- lost in thought," I reply shuffling in my seat. My head now turned to Hazel who's sitting across from me in this semi-circle, red leather booth. "What were you saying?" I ask looking between them.

"We were talking about getting drinks. What you want one?" Elliot asked from his position sitting in between Hazel and I.

"Yeah sure. I'll go grab them, what do ye want?" I say starting to stand up.

"I don't mind, here I'll go," Elliot said starting to stand but I put my hands on his shoulder preventing from standing fully out of the booth.

"No it's okay ,what do you want?" I ask again. He seems to debate it for a second before letting out a sigh followed by a smile.