2.7- Harry

when we went to school the next day I didn't even think about max fucking Arnold until he was there in front of me.

fletcher and Rosie laughing about something as we made our way to her locker. he stood there looking smug even if when I had seen the video of him thrashing in the pool after zayn pushed him in. he had even slipped coming out like he was a fucking child.

I didn't know what came over me, I had felt compelled several times to just hold Rosie, kiss her, but never in front of the whole school, fletcher even. if I did I shoved that shit way down because I didn't want to make Rosie uncomfortable in the slightest. but when I saw the way max eyed her, looking up her body as if she was something to sink his teeth into, I grabbed at her hand.

her head snapping to me suddenly surprised as I linked our fingers.

I watched as max's eyes flickered to our intertwined hands, jaw clenching.

was it bad to feel so fucking good to see that shocked look on his face?

"you left the party so early the other night rose," he starts off, Rosie paying him no attention as she spins her locker combination, my hand still in her other one.

"Rosie you didn't," fletcher asks shoulders shrugged as he gave her a concerned look.

she looked over to fletcher a pout on her face to drop the topic and he did but I knew how he'd talk to her about it. she had asked me to not tell him and im guessing because he had told her it was a bad idea to go alone or at all.

"well, you can redeem yourself this weekend we're having-"

"shes busy," fletcher states arms crossed over his chest. I watched both of them as they looked back at each other. Rosie stiff as she pulled out her books. I ran my thumb over the back of her hand trying to comfort her in any way.

"we will see about that," max smiled pushing off the lockers to head to the gym.

if I could fucking beat the shit out of him right now I would have.

he was going to have to let go of that stupid fucking bet and if that was an excuse to fight him then I'd take it.

and at lunch sitting in that cramped booth with all of fletchers friends I could feel his eyes on us.

my leg pressed into Rosie as she leaned over reading over a paper Calum wanted her to check. her dark hair tucked behind her ear as she let her finger skim over the lines, delicate and small. who knew just the most basic touches could send a fire over my mind consuming any thoughts I had, only leaving the image of her there.

"so you're like boyfriend and girlfriend?" Michael asked shoving a fry in his mouth, eyes wide as he waited for my answer.

"Michael we said we weren't going to bring it up," fletcher said and luke yelped when fletcher tried to kick Micheal under the table and hit him instead.

"hey I actually read the text message," luke said kicking him back.

"I told you I didn't like it when you talked about me behind my back with the boys," Rosie whined reaching over me to pinch fletcher who stuck his tongue out at her.

"nothing bad Rosie just you know that if you and him started to suck face to look away," Ashton joked but her face flushed red hand moving up to cover her embarrassment.

this time I kicked out under the table at the same time fletcher did, "what the fuck I was kidding,"

"Okay okay no fighting im not getting thrown out again," Calum states, and Micheal laughs starting to retell the story but im thankful it's over when another round of our drink is brought.