🅴🅿︎ 🆃🆆🅴🅽🆃🆈 🆃🆆🅾︎

12 chapters left...

Kinsley's POV

It's been over a week since Victor's been gone and three days since I last spoke to him and all he rambled on about was a riddle. When he told me all about it, all I could figure was that lady was off her rocker because it didn't make sense.

At least it didn't make sense to me as I sat here frustrated over it.

"Give it a break Kinsley, you've been sitting there for hours and haven't figured it out. You're stressing too much over it by yourself," Armelle sat beside me as she handed me a plate of food. I put it on a table turning to her, furious.

"Well no one else is helping! I'm stressing over it because it could help lead us to where mama and dad is---you're not stressing over it enough!"

"Don't grow balls now, calm yourself. Everyone is helping to find them but continuously running yourself down and piling too much on yourself as if it'll do some good is what will get them killed and what will make you useless. You need to take a break and sleep; eat as well."

She got up kissing my forehead and pointing to the food as I sighed. I just really need to find them. We don't even know if they're alive at this point.

I put away my notebook where I kept writing out the riddle and took up the plate of food. I haven't been paying attention to my wellbeing but I can't possibly focus on anything but finding them. Even though I wasn't so impelled to eat, I'll do so if it makes Armelle feel better.

"Kinsley, you in here still?", Yaheem walked in as I nodded. He sighed sitting next to me on the couch, laying out papers on the table. I eyed them and resisted picking them up--who knows, I might go back into my previous state completely closed out from everything.

"I thought you were supposed to be with your people trying to figure out who's been watching us. I wonder how long they have been watching us and what they've been planning to do."

"If they've been watching for this long, they're plotting on what to do with you. They probably have their plan figured out but executing it...making three kids disappear like that along with their parents without drawing attention, I don't know about that. But I think we may have found out where our traitor lives," he pointed to the folder as I immediately dropped the food picking up the stack.

I flipped through it seeing pictures of registration plates, brief descriptions, and addresses.

"What are we waiting on, we need to find out who it is--let's go!", I was going to stand out but I was pulled back down as he yelled for someone to come in.

And in the door came Armelle---Victor? When the hell did he get back and why are my uncles following in behind him?

Uncle Messiah and Jairo followed in behind them as Yaheem got up motioning for my siblings to sit next to me. Victor gave them an annoyed look as well Armelle as I was still confused. Did Yaheem call them here because it's not safe, someone could be watching them too.

"This whole operation here stops for y'all. Your uncle told us about what's been happening and your parents should've let us known sooner no matter if we didn't want any part in this life anymore. Family is an exception but you kids don't need to handle this. We got it from this point on," Uncle Messiah said as I felt my eye twitch. There is no way in hell I'm letting up on this.