🅴🅿︎ 🆃🆆🅴🅽🆃🆈 🆃🅷🆁🅴🅴

11 chapters left...

Dominique's POV

Today is finally the day where I grow older and I can be more free. Seventeen may not be a big number to everyone but it's pretty big for me. I can now qualify in more scholarships and opportunities for volleyball, I won't be seen as a little kid anymore and more of an responsible young adult, and the fact I'm able to consent.

Zakari and I have been talking about this for a while now and we wanted it to be all special. I haven't had a relationship with someone like him and he hasn't with me. We talked about how we wanted it to be in a private space where we'd have each other. He actually took initiative and got us a suite which I was furious about.

Other than the whole sex plan, we had long talks about him saving up as much as he can for college yet he goes and does this for us. I could've had all that covered---the room, food expenses, and any thing else but he had to be a sweetheart. I don't deserve it and I definitely don't deserve him but I'll be grateful for it.

Once we'd get to our suite, we'd wash up, have a few drinks and talk, then get to business.

I can't even explain how happy I am for this but that all comes later tonight. Mama had planned a dinner for me so the whole family will be at this restaurant uptown all the way in Manhattan which is unbelievable. By the whole family I mean---the whole damn family. Even Grandma, Grandpa, and Pop-Pop on Mama's side are coming for me and they're old, like so old. I'm sure they don't like to go out the house anymore.

And then Grams and Pa from Dad's side are coming which is expected since they like free food.

Then all my close friends will be there: Amarin, Ara, and Kazie. Also Ruben is supposed to be bringing his new girlfriend to the dinner to introduce her finally. Tea is that Ruben's girlfriend used to be Roderic's ex so things will be getting spicy and I won't be mad at it.

And then Zakari will be introduced to everyone which I'm nervous about. I know my dad would be breathing down his neck especially since he probably knows what our plans are tonight. I've talked to mama about it and he says it's fine as long as we use protection because there's the whole I can get pregnant thing. It's crazy that Zakari took it well, Nate freaked out like hell because he hasn't met a guy who could. Hopefully, my dad will go easy on him.

"Nique, you ready to go?", Roderic came in asking as I nodded getting my things together.

Roderic and Ruben were taking me out today along with Delanna and Lina to spend some time together since we usually all stick to ourselves. Not to mention, the younger twins feeling a little down since the new baby is kinda sucking up our parent's attention. Of course, us older siblings are understanding of it but the girls haven't experienced this being the youngest so they're feeling a little left out.

We all walked downstairs, kissing mama and dad goodbye before getting in our shared car.

"So where we going? I'm paying for everything today," Ruben said as Roderic nodded along.

The girls were quiet as I looked at the older twins through the rear-view window.

"Dee...Lina, we need you guys to understand something," I brought them under each other arm as I stroked their curls.