🅴🅿︎ 🆃🆆🅴🅽🆃🆈 🅵🅾︎🆄🆁

10 chapters left...

Victor's POV

Today was the day that we get our parents back. We don't know the extent of the situation and what exactly we were walking into but we already had a plan to go along with it.

In the case this goes very wrong, at least we get to see our parents one last time.

I've already let Jahmiah know the whole situation and although he's scared too, he's comforted me in this. I may act like a real bad ass but in actuality, I'm really soft. I act that way because I need to. You have to act hard to get through stuff like this.

On the inside...I'm scared as can be. But then I walked in front of that mirror and saw me and dad standing in it. I remembered our conversation from when I was eleven.

"Victor, if you're ever scared just know imma be right here along with mama," he pointed to my heart as I looked up to him holding that place.

"I thought being scared is bad. It shows you're weak at least that's what the boys at school say."

"Being scared isn't bad. Fear is an emotion, it's uncontrollable and it happens in the worst of times. I can get that that's why they would say that but it isn't all bad. Everybody gets scared. I get scared and so does mama. But does that mean I'm weak?"

"No, you and mama are the strongest people I know. You're my role models."

I watched as dad smiled leaning down in front of me to fix up the bottom of my pants and to correctly tie my shoes since my laces are always crooked when I do it. He looked up at me straightening out my shirt, "You're only weak if you don't fight back when something is wrong. You always fight back to revert wrong back to right. Don't try to be like me and mama though because we do bad things too which we need to correct. Be your own role model, be strong for yourself buddy."

"I love you daddy," I wrapped my arms around him in a hug as I felt a firm kiss being pressed into my head.

"I love you too buddy, now let's go finish getting ready for school."

I smiled at the memory as I put on my clothes for the day. Jahmiah stood behind me with what I knew was a pout on his face.

I turned around as he immediately pulled me into a tight hug. I rested my head on his chest as I could hear his heart ready to pump out of his chest. Out of the time we spent together last night, I guess those nerves settled back in from those relaxing moments.

"Ion want you getting hurt. I need you to come back to me in one piece---don't do any stupid shit or I'll have to kill you my damn self."

I chuckled pressing a kiss onto his chest before planting one on his lips.

"I'll come back because I always do. Nobody can't get rid of me that easily, you see the bullet wound healed soon enough and I bounced back hours later," I raised up my shirt showing him the scar as he moved his fingers over it with a shake of his head.

"Try not to get shot at all. No bruises or anything please."

"Can't promise that, who doesn't go down without a little fight?", I joked a bit as he sighed just nodding his head. I picked up his chin kissing around his face as he broke out into a smile enveloping me in his arms. He's such a baby but he's my baby.

He inserted his head into my neck grumbling as I rubbed his head. It always calmed him down when he was anxious or nervous. We'd lay down and he'll lay on top of me while I rubbed his head, his ears, or his back if something was really wrong.