🅴🅿︎ 🆃🆆🅴🅽🆃🆈 🅵🅸🆅🅴

9 chapters left...

-A time skip of 3 months-

Dominique's POV

"Kari, are you sure about this tattoo? This is really big and you want to get it done in one go," I asked Zakari as he nodded signing off on a sheet. His pain tolerance can't be that high.

The artist set up his station in the back as I looked uncomfortably at the needles he was holding. I'm terrified of needles which is still weird to me seeing as I have a tattoo myself. I nearly passed out before my session when I saw them but I stayed mostly calm during the tattoo. I just couldn't survive what Zakari was gonna get.

He had scheduled this a while ago and he wanted me to come with him early this morning. The things I'll do for this man because ain't nobody waking me up at 7 on a Saturday. However, I was curious to see how he'd act because this tattoo is too much for me. It'd be chicken-scratch with the way I'd be twisting and turning.

Zakari wanted this Greek figure---face---on his chest with a lot of shading and to get his parents' names right under it. I was all for him getting his parents' names but the latter, I was scared for him.

He has tattoos in various places already but they are nothing compared to this one

"You sure you don't want to get one? I said I'll pay for it," he said turning to me as I forced myself to look away from the needles.

"I don't like you paying for me all the time and no I don't want one. I'm not properly prepared."

"What is the problem with me paying for my baby? If you worried about my bank account then lemme tell you, I'll be alright," he pecked my lips as I sighed resting against his chest as I sipped my water.

"You know I'm worried about you. You should be putting any money you can towards college especially since graduation is coming up for you. How much is this gonna cost anyway?"

"Almost four-fifty but I got a little discount though," it took a little bit of time for me to process that. I stared wide-eyed at him as he snickered pressing his head against mine.

"I'm paying and I don't want to hear any backtalk. You're laughing but this is serious Zakari."

"Money is just money. I'm fine with spending it and if I got to pick up a few more shifts and not sleep some nights then I will. Struggling is a part of life and I'm still eighteen. It's not like I'll always be in that position."

"I know but I want you to be comfortable and saving up right now for the near future. You know you have to move out and find your own place once the school year is over. That money could be a down payment---well that's if I let you pay which I'm not."