🅴🅿︎ 🆃🆆🅴🅽🆃🆈 🆂🅸🆇

8 chapters left...

Victor's POV

Jahmiah was laid on my chest as he slept heavily. It was a late Saturday evening, and I had picked him up from work not too long ago. He had worked a full shift which he's not used to and is so tired that he fell out as soon as he got here.

I was a little worried at first but then mama reassured me that he'll be fine, just had to get used to his new work schedule.

Speaking of mama, he and dad met Jahmiah more formally and under good terms which I was so unexpecting of. I expected them to be a lot more hostile towards him for some reason but they surprisingly welcomed him with open arms.

Kristian Canuo himself has even taken a liking towards him which is unbelievable. I can't tell you how many times my jaw has dropped from seeing them on the couch watching a game while either sharing a blunt or having a cooler in hand. I'm just glad they get along.

Mama liked him from the jump because he's well-behaved and has manners unlike me. I was strongly offended because I'm well-behaved....mostly. Jahmiah kisses his ass, to be honest, but if it gets him in good then I'll let it be.

I shifted in my bed as Jahmiah grumbled about the temperature in the room. I just rubbed his back pulling up the covers on us as he settled wrapping his arms completely around my waist. Now if I wanted to go get something, I couldn't.

There was a knock on my door as I saw my dad walk in.

I motioned for him to be quiet as I pointed down to Jahmiah. He carefully came in with a big box as I looked confused. He then stretched over the bed and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Happy birthday meanie," my eyes widened as I realized my birthday was tomorrow. I completely forgot, I've been so focused on every single thing in the book and I forget my own birthday. The day I blessed this world and I forgot---how could anyone let me forget!

"Thanks, Dad, what's in it?", he opened it up with a smile as my eyes widened at what was inside. He lifted this canvas out of the box and turned it around as I shook Jahmiah awake. He groaned looking up to me as I turned his head to face the present.

"Oh that's crazy, baby what's this?", we both got up as I hugged my dad tightly just as my mom came into the room. I hugged him too before picking up the canvas.

Jahmiah and I did a photoshoot for his birthday a month ago and of course, the pictures were beautiful, but to have a hand-painted version of it was even greater. It looked so realistic and I will cherish this for such a long time.

"We love you bubba, we'll see you in the morning birthday boy," mom said as he kissed my cheek and then pulled my dad out of the room, closing the door behind them.

Jahmiah pulled me onto his lap as we held the painting in our palms. "Whoever did this killed it, you look even more handsome," he kissed on my neck as I laughed at the ticklish feeling.

"You look handsome too---hey, why didn't you say anything about my birthday? I haven't thought about it at all," he put the painting near the wall before turning me around his lap kissing around my collarbone.

"I was gonna talk to you about what we may have wanted to do when I got off work but I knocked out. We can talk about it now though."