🅴🅿︎ 🆃🅷🅸🆁🆃🆈

4 chapters left...

Kinsley's POV

I'm stuck in a place I don't want to be. I've seriously become just like the people Dominique has been used by. A trade—and I don't want to be that.

A few days before Dominique's baby shower, Amarin and I had went out on a date just to try things out but it didn't go as planned. And that's all because of me, because I just felt weird being out in public with her.

More specifically, we went to this food festival or market that was here and I saw my other friends there. I basically avoided her and all her advancements to the point where she left and I didn't know. I was so focused on making sure the others had their minds occupied on something else and she stopped walking after me far too early before I realized.

I went home with it heavy on my conscious yet I didn't call, text, or even try to go over to her house to see if she was fine. That next morning, I texted her and she got mad understandably and I promised not to do it again. We talked that day and she even came over to study with me.

At Dominique's baby shower, I messed up again. Our family by now know about our little moment in the kitchen and just certain little actions yet I still couldn't get comfortable with the fact we're together.

Well, not together-together but just...involved.

Partially, we talked and laughed a lot just having fun but then she started to get just a bit more intimate and that's when I started to split away from her. For the remaining duration of the party, I avoided her---every look, brush against me, and I even danced with a friend of Zakari's that was there. I treated her like shit once again.

Victor noticed like he notices everything and confronted me---I blew up at him which was unexpected. He most definitely was surprised and just backed off from there. Dominique nearly took my head off by the end of the night as Victor explained what he saw happening between Amarin and I. Nique was extremely angry with me because I'm just like the guys who took his feelings for granted and played him.

He's probably still mad at me and I don't blame him. I'm mad and disappointed in myself.

Amarin is too giving and sweet to be treated like a toy, like she doesn't matter. But I can't get the thought through my head of us being together. It isn't like I don't like her because I genuinely do---it's the fact that everyone will know. They'll know about us and we'll be judged like crazy and I hate being looked upon like that. Like someone's creeping over me and they won't let up. Like if everyone knows, they won't let up and constantly try to down us. I've had a taste of being under someone and I don't want to feel it ever again.

"Kinsley, what is your brother telling me? And why is Dominique calling to tell me to beat you?", I sat up from my bed to see mom standing at the door with his arms crossed.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said quietly as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"I am more than lenient with you kids but that doesn't warrant lies. If I wanted to hear crap, I'd go listen to your father. Lie again and you'll meet a different side of me. Now tell me what's going on with you because with what I'm hearing from your brother, you're out of line."

"I know that...I don't know what to do. She hates me."

He sighed coming to lay next to me as I laid my head on is chest. He played with my hair as I just indulged in his warmth. I'm guessing this is gonna be a heart to heart moment.