🅴🅿︎ 🆃🅷🅸🆁🆃🆈 🅾︎🅽🅴

3 chapters left...

One month later...

Dominique's POV

Zakari and I finally have the time to get stuff done together and I couldn't be more thankful for it. It's also the first time I've seen him for more than twenty minutes in an entire week and a half. Our schedules have been stacked with of course the remaining semester of school, our jobs and then we've just been too tired to just get up from our beds to see each other.

I've switched over to online learning because I just can't be in a school atmosphere heavily pregnant like this and because it's just less tiring for me and allows me to go at my own pace. I've finished so many assignments and projects that I probably won't be assigned anything else for another two to three weeks.

After school, I get ready for work because I absolutely refuse to go on maternity leave. The center is my safe space and I love seeing the people and kids there---I couldn't bear staying at home missing it. I just sit at the desk and walk around sometimes but it's enough for me.

Then by the time I come home, it'll be around eight and I knock out. If I'm lucky, I can catch Zakari before he goes to work overnight and we can FaceTime.

I can't express how proud of him I am. I was always proud of him but he's really showing me how great of a father he'll be in the near future. He's also been heavy on the school stuff, been getting acceptance letters and he's still continuing to be on his grind. Always working so he can provide our child and space for us to live even though I have enough money to do that myself.

He has all these goals for himself and that's exactly what I want in a man. My man is out here on his money grind shit.

But our relationship is not all good as every relationship isn't---can't be. We have our downs and we've been rocky for a little bit and I know that's partial, if not all my fault. I have been a hardass on him and I've been out of control of my emotions, taking stuff out on him.

Now people will say it's just the hormones and it'll go away but I can't use that as an excuse. I'm still in control of myself and all my actions, sure I may have a little slip up with my attitude but I shouldn't be downright disrespectful talking out the side of my neck.

And I've been doing that. I haven't been controlling myself and I let myself get by with it. Zakari puts up with me too and for that, I am so fed up with myself. Zakari hates talking loud with me and arguing---he always regrets raising his voice at me although I do need to chill out.

I'll start an argument or say some annoying shit and he'll try to calm me down with massages, taking me out, sitting there and taking my bullshit, or simply walking out the room to give me some space.

I feel like a bitch and I am for how I treat him because he doesn't deserve it. Yeah, he annoys me sometimes but that doesn't give me a reason to be a pain in his ass 24/7. I really should be knocked in my shit for how my mouth be chattering.

I just hope he knows I love him, seriously. I need to get my shit together for real and think about why I'm always lashing out at him.

It was Saturday and we had a scheduled showing for some apartments since we were moving out of our parent's house over the summer. We'll be in our place with the baby and it'll be in between his college campus and the new high school I'll be transferring to.