🅴🅿︎ 🆃🅷🅸🆁🆃🆈 🆃🆆🅾︎

2 chapters left...

One month later...

Dominique's POV

Only a few more weeks until my baby is here and I couldn't wait. Braxton Hicks was a bitch and I could only imagine how bad contractions will be once it's time for the birth.

Family was out so it was a pretty quiet night at the house.

I was at home and Zakari was over helping me get things together for when we'd be in the hospital for a bit after my cesarean section also to discuss our whole living situation again. We'd taken a whole month to get ourselves together and it's time to just come back together again.

Being on less than intimate terms with him was hard. We kinda drifted in a way I thought we wouldn't. Our relationship in the past month has been like close friends who are just having a baby together and that hurts. I'm ready to have and give comfort to each other like how we used to.

Hopefully, today our talk will go much better than last time and I can finally kiss him how I want...hold him as I want.

"I packed up a few outfits since we won't be there for more than a few days, did you want any extra clothes for her or yourself?"

"No, it's fine. If we stay longer then I can just ask my parents to get her stuff," I sat on the bed folding up everything and placing them into her diaper bag and then putting my own things into a separate duffle bag. Zakari was getting together some necessities and extra things we may need.

So far, everything has been mostly quiet and we haven't talked about anything but our baby plans.

"Baby," that's the first time I've heard him call me that in weeks. He's been calling me by first name or nickname that everyone has for me and it hasn't felt right. I can't even remember the last time we held each other without it being platonic or me needing help because I'm uncomfortable. It warms me to hear it from him.

"Yes?", I laid everything out inside the diaper bag before looking up at him.

"You were right. I was thinking on it like we said and you were right. Especially about me treating the situation as if I were guilty. I just felt like I needed to take full responsibility of you, to make sure you know you can depend on me for everything but it backfired on me. You're independent and you always have been and me putting out too much without giving you an option understandably made you angry."

"I feel like there's something more to this, more than you're telling me. I know it's just not you wanting to take responsibility of everything because you got me pregnant---there's an underlying reason to it. If you can...please tell me?", I sat up carefully on my knees as I grabbed his hand bringing him to sit in front of me.

He nodded and wrapped an arm around my waist, lowering me onto his lap. We played with each other's fingers before we just interlaced them. He rested his head on my shoulder as I enjoyed the feeling of him leaning on me slightly. It felt like I was keeping him held up.

"Another thing you're right about...you never fail with your intelligent self," he chuckled lightly as I rubbed my thumb over his.

"Apparently I'm not too intelligent to figure out what's going on with the my first love, my baby. Did I do something wrong to make you feel like I can't possibly take care of things on my own? Do you feel you have to take control because of something I'm not doing right?", I rambled as he shushed me rubbing my bump eliciting a few sore kicks from our little girl. Also kicked so roughly.