🅵🅸🅽🅰︎🅻🅴

Dominique's POV

Once I got in that car, I knew I would be safe from him. My hands shook though as I directed the car in the way of the nearest hospital---thankfully, we weren't too far away from everything.

Besides my fear of me not getting to the hospital and potentially hurting my baby, I was generally shaken up from what just happened. I just shot someone and he's dead. He'd done awful things and he deserves hell but I shot him. He's dead at the hands of me and although we speak it into existence that we're gonna kill someone when we're angry or really upset---I wouldn't imagine to actually hold a weapon to someone and actually do it.

After all this, I think I'm gonna need some type of therapy and aftercare.

My contractions were still a little far apart and I'm scared because I feel like the sharp pains may deflect my mind away from driving. But I can't stop, I have to get there and have this baby delivered.

There were about eleven minutes apart and all I could feel was my baby girl holding on, kicking me with all the strength she had.

"It's okay baby---oh my god! We didn't come up with a name!", I cursed as a warning light began to flash and I looked down as my stomach dropped. The gas tank is on E.

I gently pulled over and rubbed my stomach as I breathed through the pains. Sweat was literally dripping down my face, my pants were still wet, and I had blood stains everywhere on my clothing. Images of me shooting him in the head just flashed through my mind, giving me a lot more discomfort.

I whimpered through another contraction as I had to make a quick decision. I'm too strong for this, I'm too strong to break down right now. My child is depending on me and I miss my family. I need to make it there for all of them.

I got out of the car with a piercing cry as it drew some attention yet no one helped. I held the underside of my stomach and walked onto the sidewalk. I'd have to walk nearly twenty minutes to the hospital and with how bad these contractions were, I'd be stopping for minutes at a time. I hope nothing is wrong with her.

I groaned as I moved, the pain in my lower back, ankles, and hips erupting with each motion. I give props to women---all who are able to bear children because this is some shit. I hope Zakari knows this is our first and last child.

I walked for a bit before my body just gave out. I sat out in front of a restaurant to catch my breath as a waiter came by frantically, "Are you okay? Would you like me to call an ambulance?", she pulled out her phone before she offered her hand.

I took it thankfully as she called for an ambulance. She sat with me and got me water and a cold rag to put on my face until the ambulance came. I gave the girl my phone number so I could properly thank her because everyone else who saw acted as if they couldn't do anything. I owe her so much because I was just out of it and I didn't have any form of communication.

They put me in the back of the ambulance truck as I shut my eyes with a sigh. I need to rest.

I was jolted awake as the gurney I was laying on suddenly dropped. I opened my eyes seeing we arrived at the hospital. I smiled thanking every higher power there was as I was rolled in.

I glanced around and my heart just picked up speed. I smiled shaking my head as I saw Zakari and my brothers standing at the desk yelling at the poor receptionist who was trying to check her computer. They were rolling me pretty fast so I quickly tapped one of the responders and pointed towards them. My voice wasn't too great either.

"Do you know them---they're family?"

"Yes...please. The father is the tall darkskin. I want him in the room with me."