Part 22

Jennie

As Lisa's parents expressed their desire to speak with me, a wave of fear washed over me. What did they want to discuss? Would they be angry with me for keeping a secret from their daughter? Would they disrupt my life in some way? These questions raced through my mind as I nervously awaited the impending conversation.

Lisa settled on the couch, leaving a noticeable gap between us. I glanced up at Jisoo and Chaeyoung, who shared a knowing smirk before retreating to their room. Left alone with Lisa, I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease.

"Hi, Jennie," Mr. Manoban greeted me warmly, his words catching me off guard.

"H-hi, Mr. Manoban," I replied, my voice betraying my nerves.

"Oh, you can just call me Uncle or Dad because I want you for our Lisa," Mr. Manoban's bold declaration left me speechless, the weight of his words sinking in.

"Yah, Dad, what are you saying?" Lisa's incredulous voice broke the tension, and I realized how close we were in that moment.

"It's true. I know you've just broken up with Nancy, but you have to move on. Seulgi, Jisoo, and Chaeng told us that you were about to end your relationship with Nancy because you realized you love Jennie," Lisa's parents boldly declared, leaving both Lisa and me stunned.

Lisa snatched the phone from my hand, her voice rising as she confronted her dad. I chuckled at the sight of Lisa blushing, realizing her parents were aware of her feelings.

"Give the phone back to Jennie, Lalisa," her dad's firm tone prompted her to comply, albeit hesitantly.

"I'm sorry if Lisa was so stubborn and kept grabbing the phone from you," Mrs. Manoban apologized, her words reflecting a sense of understanding and empathy.

"It's fine, Auntie," I reassured her, grateful for her understanding.

"You know what? I'm out of here." Lisa exclaimed and retreated to her room.

"Jennie, please take care of our Lisa. She may seem tough right now, but she's kind-hearted. We're not blaming you for hiding the secret from Lisa; we know you were trying to protect her. We appreciate that you cared for her, and we trust you to look after her in our absence," Mrs. Manoban's heartfelt words touched me deeply, filling me with a sense of responsibility and gratitude.

"Don't ever think that we are using you or that you're a rebound to forget Lisa's heartache. We know the truth: Lisa had moved on from Nancy before the incident, and we can see your love for our daughter in your eyes," Mrs. Manoban's reassurance and understanding were like a balm to my soul, confirming the depth of their trust and acceptance.

"Seulgi sent us a photo of you and Lisa during your dates, and we've never seen our daughter happier than when she's with you. Lisa talks about you more than Nancy, and she's expressed how happy she is to have you in her life," Mrs. Manoban's words filled me with warmth and joy, affirming the depth of Lisa's feelings for me.

When Mr. Manoban posed the question, "Do you love Lisa?" my heart raced with anticipation. With a deep breath, I confessed, "I am truly, madly, and deeply in love with Lalisa Manoban. Though that monkey is so stubborn, my love for her never fades," inadvertently using an endearing term that drew a chuckle from her parents.

"We are happy to hear that, Jennie. We hope that the next time we call, you and Lalisa are together," Mrs. Manoban's parting words filled me with hope and excitement for the future.

As the call ended, I was left with a heart full of love and determination. I vowed to make Lisa mine, cherishing the trust and acceptance her parents had shown me.