chapter 5

"Here is the piece of the riddle."

                              The sky is blue, the  
      moon shines bright, a locket flies, the eagles eye,you will only be seen heard or felt on an Halloween night.
                               The eye and the
      locket will meet in the night while you stand on the right,so the curse can be lifted and you will be unhanded.
                               But beware...

I read out loud.

"Where is the remaining piece of the riddle."

"It is with Mrs Languida, this was what I managed to steal."

"Okay."

"Can I keep this?"

"No, you can not, it is time for bed."

"Its just a tale right?"

"Yes, chikita,good night."

"Good night."

I slept soundly that night, I am so happy Halloween is tomorrow I just can not wait.

I woke up with a bright smile, I brushed my teeth and took a long bathe,I quickly ate breakfast.

"Granny I am going to meet Amethyst at her house."

"Okay, but be back before nightfall."

I quickly went to the park because I knew that my best friends will be there.

"Meadow what took you so long?!"

"I hope we are all ready for Halloween?" Jones asked

"As ready as we can be." I answered.

"There is no Halloween drama this year, last year we saved Mrs Jena's dog."

"Maybe there is."

"What do you mean? Jones asked.

"My granny told me about the eternal curse and there is a riddle on how to break it, but she told me only part of the riddle because the remaining piece was torn."

"That is great, Mrs Languida told me about it but she did not talk about any riddle."

"Tell us the riddle." Amethyst said.

"Let me see if I can remember."

                               The sky is blue, the  
      moon shines bright, a locket flies, the eagles eye,you will only be seen heard or felt on an Halloween night.
                               The eye and the
      locket will meet in the night while you stand on the right,so the curse can be lifted and you will be unhanded.
                               But beware...

"That's how it went I am sure, the other part of the riddle was torn."

"How can we translate an incomplete riddle?!" Jones said.

"Let's just decipher this half besides it seems to say how the curse can be broken." I told them.

"You should tell me the tale first." Said Amethyst.

Jones told her the tale.

"Let us get started on interpreting the tale." Jones said.

"The riddle says,"

                          The sky is blue, the  
      moon shines bright, the locket flies, the eagle's eye you will only be seen heard or felt on a Halloween night.

"That means the curse will be broken on a Halloween night when the moon shines bright. "

"Yeah, you are right Jones."

"Here is the hard part, how do we figure it out?, I don't think lockets flies and we can not just pluck out an eagle's eye." Amethyst complained.

"I think we should visit the house."

"What!!,didn't your grandma say it is dangerous."

"That is the only way we will solve the riddle, or are you scared?"

"You know I am not scared of things like this, besides its just an old tale."

"How about this, we use google translation." Amethyst suggested.

"It translates to.."

                       The curse will be broken
        when the moon shines bright on a
   Halloween night.
                       A locket with wings on its
        ends and an eagle's eye, you
   will only be seen heard or felt on an
Halloween night
                      The eye and the locket will
       be merged in the night in the
presence of the moon light while you
stand on the right so the curse can be broken and you can take your true form, but be warned.

"So can someone further translates this?" Amethyst asked.

"I think it means that we have to merge the eagles eye and the locket in the presence of the the moon and the spirit has to stand on the right side of the merged item."

"Yeah, but where are we going to get the locket and the eagle's eye and where are we going to get the spirit?"

"Jones, didn't you say you wish for an eagle's eye to fall onto your garden on Halloween night." I asked

"Yes I did."

"If the lamp is really magical then your wish will come true."

"But you remember you also made a wish, you wished for all the tales to be real."

"What!!!,why would you wished for something like that?"

"I did not do it intentionally."

"Now we are almost sure we will get the eye, now its remaining the locket, how and where do we get it, we must free that woman."

"We can go to the house this evening I will just tell my dad to take us to the park."

"But her house is in the other side of town so.."

"Yeah I know, there is a park in the other side of town we will use that as an excuse then when my dad is not looking we will sneak off to the house."

"We will ask dad to take us around 4pm so we will be back in time for Halloween."

"I have a really bad feeling about this." Jones said.

"Why?" Amethyst asked.

"Well because Mrs Languida told me a tale about a road that if passed in the night,will be killed and become an evil spirit, let us not go there around 4pm, let's go now."

"It is just a tale." I told him.

"Remember you wished for all the tales to be real."

"How are we sure that the lamp is really magical."

"We will be back before Halloween night, do not worry."

"Okay, if he agrees call us."

"Sure." After that we departed.

I will free that spirit no matter what.