chapter 8

Amethyst POV.

We could not find Jones, so we all walked back to the car, I spotted the milestone and I told Mr hunter about it.

"Mr hunter look at the milestone." He looked just to ignore it and held me and Meadow tighter.
The bike man rode up to us, this is the end, I thought to myself.

He came off his bike and he took a staff in his left hand and a gun in his right. He walked to us and he stopped two three feet's from us

"Look into my eyes." The bike man said as he pointed a gun at us.

We did as he said.

"Follow me!" He told us but we refused.

He pointed the gun at us again and we immediately started moving.

"What do you want from us? My dad asked as the man asked us into what looks like a small cabin.

"You and this girl came here two days ago and I saved you, after what you experienced you still came here." He said referring to Meadow and her father.

"What are you talking about? I have never seen you before in my life." Mr hunter said and Meadow nodded in agreement.

The man looked like he realised something.

"I guess i mistook you both for someone else sorry, i am a police officer, I was on my way home when I saw your car driving towards this road, I tried to stop you from going further but you did not listen to me instead you drove off."

"That was because you were terrifying." I spoke up.

"We were told about spirits roaming this road at night two weeks before Halloween is it true? And we were also told that you are a spirit."

"Who told you that?"

"A mechanic." Mr hunter answered.

"You mean this mechanic?" He asked as he flipped open a book and showed us the picture of the mechanic but... he was dead in the picture.

"Everyone you met on that road is dead." The officer told us and I exclaimed.

"What!"

"How do we know who to trust?." Mr hunter asked the officer.

The officer just flipped the pages of the book showing dead pictures of different people.

"If you meet any of these people in this picture you can not trust them because they are dead."

"You can not leave here till morning, I will call in my fellow officers."

"Okay." Mr hunter answered

Then suddenly Meadow opened the cabin's door and got out.

"Look it's already morning we can go home now." She told us from outside the cabin.

Mr hunter wanted to listen to his daughter and follow her but the police officer stopped him.

"It is just an illusion, it is not yet morning."

"Meadow sweetheart? Please come back inside."

Just then the officer shut the cabin door.

Mr hunter wanted to open the door but once again the officer stopped him by pointing a gun to his head.

"That is no longer your daughter, she is just a spirit."

"Dad, won't you let your sweet Meadow inside, do you want to leave me all alone out here, I am scared, please let me in."