Chapter twenty-eight

Dante pov*

Flashback second part

With the new revelations my strategy must change, I wanted to use Lucia against her father but it turned out that Octavio didn't care about his own daughter. In the same time I have to react quickly before Octavio could do anything.

I called Mateo, and Fabio, they are the only ones I trust now Stefano returned to the hospital to check about Valentina and Elena. We have to find another plan and quick.

"What will we do now boss" Fabio asked after I explained everything to them

"We have to cut any support Octavio can have"

"The French are the only ones who are crazy enough to conspire against us" Mateo added

"Yes I don't want to enter any war now"

"What do you propose" Fabio spoke

"I think meeting the French will be a good step, showing them our force"

"What if they try something?"

"There is a risk but we will not go like this we need our friend, it's the moment to see who is with us and who is not" I said

"Yes Don" They both nodded

"Mateo I want you to keep an eye on Octavio but be careful I don't want him to suspect anything"

"Yes right away" Mateo said before storming out of the office

"Fabio you know that we had a mole among us" I said with a hard tone

"Yes Don" He gulped

"I don't want to deal with you now about this because we need to concentrate on Octavio but you know that was very dangerous and you are the one responsible regarding the integrity of the guards"

"Of f c-c-ourse"

"Anyway like I said this is for another day, I will contact the other mafia leader we will maybe need them and you will be responsible of the security of the meeting with the French. You have to be infrared"

"Yes Don I won't disappoint you"

I nodded to him and he made his way out.

I succeed to have the support from all the leaders and I can't be more relaxed. I contacted the French and the meeting will be in two hours but the place is kept secret until the last moment I advised them to close their mouth because they will be repercussions if they not.

I went with Fabio and some friends' leader to intimidate them. Everything went well I was somewhat surprised because I waited some refusal from them but they were smart enough to know that Octavio can do nothing now. I promised them that it won't be any revenge if they back off. They also accepted to give me back all my goods they have stolen in my different basement.

Once all this settled I can concentrate on Octavio. We have to attack him now in his own house.

Mateo didn't note anything suspect so I took fifty men. We surrounded the house, kill every guards, I let my men behind and with Mateo we run inside to catch Octavio before he can escape or hide somewhere.

But once inside we find him in his office alone with a glass of alcohol like he was waiting for us. I looked at him suspiciously while Mateo pointed his gun at him. He didn't move just kept staring in front of him after minutes of silence he finally spoke

"Do you want some?" He said looking at his glass

"I don't drink" I replied

"Oh yeah I forgot, the flawless son" He mocked locking his eyes with mine