One:Perfect

"State your name"the officer spits out.

"Marigold Hollans"I say,trying to remain calm.

The officer ushers me on,they do this every year. Every citizen in Kaal gets their photograph taken,the government uses these pictures to separate us into sections. Each family gets placed in sections with families much like them. My family has a reddish chestnut hair and deep emerald eyes,except me. I was born with a dark mane of wavy red hair and icy blue eyes. The government typically would remove us,DisFigured,from the sections and send us outside of Kaal,but they can't do that till we are atleast 17. And guess who turns 17 in 2 days. The rules are simple here in Kaal. Each of the 4 sections has a certain hair color and eye color. Section One has blonde hair and blue eyes.Section Two has reddish chestnut hair and emerald eyes. Section Three has brown hair and brown eyes,and Section Four has black hair and honey eyes. Well and if you happen to be born with none of those combinations,well you are dubbed DisFigured.

XxxxxX

Tomorrow is my 17th birthday,I run to find my best friend,Thomas. He has to stay,cause he isn't DisFigured as they say. He has the right hair color and eye color. He runs his hands through my hair and looks at me "I'm going to miss you more than you will ever know."he says,tears welling up in his emerald eyes. I choke out a laugh,"Oh c'mon you know you'll be fine without me"and with that I run off,too scared to fully say goodbye to him. He's been in my life for too long to just say goodbye,but I might have just missed my last chance to say it.