Chapter 52

Continuing from the last part...

Mahir :

Two year!! It's been two years Bela left me alone. I have searched for her everywhere but she was no where. My life was never like before since that day. I can't even end myself coz I know I still have responsibilities as a son and a brother too.

Rehan was not less than me, I know how much he love Bela.. after all she was his sister and only support since childhood. It took him more than an year to come out of that trauma and as insisted by mom and Rohini maa he married Anu six months back.

They are happy together but I know bela's void can never be filled by anyone, neither for him nor for me. Vish and yuvi were blessed with baby girl three months back, that's when we all felt that our happiness was back.

They named her sanvi and she resembles Bela sometimes, and since then I stared spending my maximum time in office or with sanvi and sometimes in the orphanage which I named it on Bela.

If everything was fine then even we would have an year baby with us but everything shattered. Maa couldn't digest the fact that Bela was pregnant that time.

Two months back mom like never before asked me to marry again, everyone knows that I won't but this time I couldn't see mom suffering coz of me.. may be I can never meet Bela again but I can't let my family suffer coz of my fate.

Even Rohini maa and Rehan also asked me to marry, but I couldn't see maa in this state.. I agreed to marry but I wanted to meet the girl before marring her.

As though I met her, she's pragathi raichand.. I told her everything about my past, I even mentioned that I still love Bela and can't forget her ever. But surprisingly she felt relieved after what I said, shouldn't she be sad that her life is gonna spoil after marrying me?

Whatever! And a month back I even got married to pragathi. Everyone knows I won't move on so fast and no one compelled me too. We share a room but we don't even talk unless there's a nessasity.

She's also like Bela, a little naughty, a little shy, a little angry and too kind.. may be that's why everyone liked her instantly. Maa and Rohini maa treats her like Bela and indeed they see Bela in her.

But I can't like them.. now I'm in my office working even after the working hours, this is my usual routine and specially since I got married again to Pragathi.. seeing her in my room, in bela's room irks me a lot.

Tears were ready to flow anytime but no, I promised Bela that I will remain strong no matter what. I remember the incident the day when we returned Sehgal's mansion from lunckow.

Flashback :

Bela - mahir, if anytime something happens to me or if I'm not with you also, you need to be strong.. I know you love me so much but that shouldn't affect anything else in your life

Mahir - Bela please stop talking like that, nothing will happen to you and mostly I'll never let you go away from me..

Bela - mahir we don't know what might happen next, did you ever think that I'll leave you suddenly like this? No right, so I'm just saying that..

Mahir - no need, don't say anything

Bela - Acha Baba I won't talk, sorry.. now please don't be angry on me

Mahir - how can I stay angry on you even if I want to? Such cute puppy faces you put

Bela - aww, I love you mahir

Mahir - I love you too Bela..

Flashback ends.

Sighing looking at the photo frame I kissed bela's pic and picking my stuff and went back home and as always I saw pragathi in the living room reading a novel. It's her usual routine, even after everyone sleep she waits for me everyday. But unlike all typical wife's she dont wait empty stomach, she just gives me company in my dinner.

Pragathi - hi

Mahir - hi

She's really sweet, I feel I'm doing wrong with her.. she has the right to enjoy her life, she would also thought a lot about her husband but..

Pragathi - I'll serve, you freshen up and come

I nodded and went to my room. I came down and saw she had already served and was checking her phone. I went and sitting opposite to her I started eating.

Mahir - I'm sorry pragathi

Pragathi - sorry? For what mahir ji?

Mahir - for spoiling your life, even you would have dreamt about your husband but I'm not even like a friend to you

Pragathi - no mahir ji, I married you for my selfishness.. my dad wanted to get me married when I was least interested, I didn't wanted to marry anyone but he wasn't listening to me..

When you told that you can't be like a husband to me coz you still love Bela I was indeed happy.. if I rejected your marriage proposal my dad would have made me marry someother and then nothing would be in my hands..

But now atleast I'm fine, Sumi maa and Rohini maa treats me like there own child, Rehan and yuvi treats me like there sister.. Vish is just like my best friend, I got a new family mahir ji who understands me rather than forcing me to do something which they like..

And about you, I'm happy we are like this.. I honestly don't want anything from you as a husband, even if you don't talk me I'm fine.. I can understand, I came in your room, in your life in place of bela.. I know this all isn't easy for you, I'm sorry for that

To be continued...