Temple of Time

"Zelda?" I ask, crossing in front of her.

She doesn't respond, and she doesn't move. It's almost like she's a statue. But she can't be......unless.....

I whirl around towards the sanctuary, only a few steps away. Six figures stand there, bathed in light so that I cannot see their features. One of them steps forward.

"It is for her own good, Colin." A man with a white hair steps forward. "A great evil is covering the hearts of all in Hyrule. It is not Ganon returning, but I do sense his presence. We believe that his corruption has spread beyond the monsters he created."

"Why does she have to be frozen like Link was?" I ask incredulously. Another sage steps forward. She is small and has green hair.

"We need to make sure she is safe while you train to become a hero."

"Just call Link back." I say, tilting my head. "I'm not a hero."

A woman steps forward this time. Her voice is deep and gruff. "His time is over. He has defeated evil twice and finally found peace."

"You are the closest thing this world has to the hero now." A woman with blue skin says. "The hero himself trained you, and you had a close connection."

"He was a good friend." I correct slightly. The wheels in my head turn quickly. "You said something about training."

"Yes. There are many things you need to do over the next few years." A woman with red hair says. I recognize her as a Gerudo.

"Years?" I ask. This must be how Link felt all of those years ago. Being asked impossible things with the threat of possibly losing everyone you love.

"We estimate at least that time, yes." The white-haired man says.

"The first thing you will need to do is travel to all of the races to get their approval. We want you to be an emissary of peace." A bulky man says while stepping forward.

"With all of their approval and hopefully trust, you will be able to travel and find out where the evil spirit will fester. We will go on from there later." The white-haired man says.

"This is your choice, of course." The little girl says. "We won't force you into anything."

"No, it's alright." I look over at Zelda, who looks so calm in her frozen state. "I always looked up to Link. He was my mentor and friend. I'm glad that he is happy in Twilia and I want him to stay that way. If I protect Hyrule while he is gone, then he won't have to worry at all."

"That is a very noble thought." The gruff lady says.

"You will do well, Sir Colin." The white-haired man says, smiling. "Why don't you come in and talk for a bit?"