Chapter 2: "Kid"

Darby was still on edge about moxley showing up. He knew cody could tell because cody was looking at him as he turned off the monitor. "Is something alright?" Cody asked and darby nodded. "Did you know that mox was debuting tonight?" Darby asked. "I did but didn't know it was today." Cody said and darby nodded.

Cody wouldn't to question but he decided not to. Cody gathered his stuff as he looked at darby. Darby had lines across his forehead and his eyes was dull and hazed. Cody hated seeing darby like this. I mean Darby Allin was a cheerful guy or any thing but cody could usually see a little smile show up ever once in awhile.

Cody got his stuff gathered and he walked over to where darby was sitting. Cody snapped his fingers. "Darbs?" Cody said and darby shook his head and hopped up. "You ready?" Darby asked grabbing his hoodie and slipping it on.

Cody nodded and handed darby his bag as they walked out of his personal locker room. Darby shrugged his bag over his shoulder as he walked behind cody looking at the marble ground go by as they walked. He was hoping that he could get out without seeing mox. He just wanted to get at the rhodes and bury his head in his bed and pass out.

Darby has been staying with brandi and cody ever since he moved up to florida to sign with AEW and cody has took him under his wing. He was so much in space that he didn't hear cody talking until he looked up and saw mox standing in front of cody.

"Hey ambrose." Cody said smirking. Jon rolled his eyes. "Shut it rhodes. Just wanted to say thanks for this." Moxley said with his hands in his pant pocket. Darby was trying to make himself the smallest on the planet so jon wouldn't see him he didn't want him to see him.

Cody nodded. "No problem. Vince was stupid enough to release. Thought we would grab you." Cody looked over his shoulder. "Hey darby come say hi." Cody said over his shoulder and darby sent cody a look that could kill. Jon knew he it was as soon as the little skateboarding boy stepped out into his vision and he chuckled.

"Been a long time hasn't it kid." Moxley said smirking. Darby scoffed and shoved his good off his head. "Why you still fucking calling me that?" Darby said with roughness in his tone. "I'm older so i have a right to. So where you been?" Moxley asked.

Darby crossed his arms. "I don't think it's none of your buisness." Darby said as Cody watched there conversation confused. He looked at darbys eyes and that haze was disappeared and there was fire behind his eyes and cody didn't know if that was good or bad bur that was neither here nor there.

Jon nodded. "I guess i deserve that, but don't you think i atleast deserve a text?" Moxley said tipping his head up looking at darby. Darbys face fell as he marched up to moxley and leaned up. "I'm sorry but i wasn't the one that fucking cheated." Darby said harshly and stormed out of the front of the building.

Cody looked at jon and pointed at darby. "I need to...." Cody said and moxley nodded and motioned for him to go as moxley watched them both walk out to the parking lot.