|| 2 ||

Fiyin opened her mouth to talk but the guy had walked away and Fiyin blinked her eyes rapidly.

"Why is this guy always on my throat like this nah?" Fiyin asked and Eri and Imem burst into laughter but they covered their mouths this time around.

"Wetin I do this guy nah? " Fiyin asked no one in particular as she gave her school bag to Imem and left the line.

She walked towards the JSS1 lines that went quiet as soon as they saw her. Fiyin folded her hands and rubbed her forehead.

She hated assemblies. It was all a mess. From the Principal's one hour talk about the school, to the annoucements and even the student assembly aftermath.

"You've offended Nonso again" someone said beside her and Fiyin turned to the slightly taller male and hissed.

"He has a big problem with me. I don't why its only me he has to act to like that" Fiyin said as she yawned.

The male placed his hand on her mouth covering it. Fiyin quickly pushed his hand away trying to ignore the sparks she felt when his hand touched her mouth.

"Carry your hand jare" Fiyin said as she pushed his hand away.

"What were you doing?" He asked.

"I was talking to Imem and Eri about me trying to escape morning devotion again today and he cake like some I don't know" Fiyin said and he laughed.

"What did you tell your mom?" He asked.

"Sunday school's memory verse" Fiyin said and the guy laughed.

"Fiyin, you know.... " the guy started and Fiyin raised her hand.

"Aaron don't. Don't" Fiyin said and Aaron laughed as he slipped his hands into his well ironed purple trousers.

"I hope you see what your mom is trying to give you Fi" Aaron said as he walked towards another line.

Fiyin sighed as Aaron walked away. Most of the students of Lasswell College, Lagos were also members of the Redeemed Church that was about five minutes walk away from the school.

So she practically knew everyone in the school. Aaron Obase,an extremely attractive and handsome teenager who also attended her church. Aaron liked drumming and had a lot of friends. He was friendly and nice, his smile could make you weak in the knees.

That was one of the reasons she had a crush on him. Besides Aaron was friendly and knew how to keep secrets. You didn't have to tell him, he knew how and when to talk. He was very respected in the whole school.

What Fiyin didn't understand was why the school authorities would appoint Nonso as the Senior Prefect and make Aaron the Assistant.

What annoyed her the most about Aaron was the fact that he took the side of her on every time. How would he take her mom's side for making her children fast marathon? She absolutely couldn't take it.

But she couldn't stay angry at Aaron not that Aaron would allow her to stay angry at him though. Talking about Nonso, Fiyin saw him talking to Seyi, another prefect and snickered.

She and Nonso had always being in the same class since she could remember but they were never exactly friends. They said hi there and there whenever they ran into each other but all of a sudden he became cold to her when they started SSS2.

It became worse when they were made acting prefects. Nonso seemed to find fault in whatever she did. All the prefects soon knew that Nonso didn't like her.

Nonso turned his head towards her and their eyes met. Fiyin snickered and eyed him before turning her face away. Nonso was handsome in his own right. An Igbo boy with a very light complexion, full lips and well shaped brows but compared to Aaron, she very much preferred Aaron.

Nonso didn't attend her church like most of the students. He attended Winners Chapel and has well had a lot of friends. The girls preferred to swarm around Aaron that him because of his stoic face.

Fiyin checked her wristwatch and realized that the assembly was already coming to an end. They sang the school anthem and the students started walking towards their class.

Fiyin trudged slowly towards where the Prefects were gathered. Nonso was already making an announcement by the time she got there.

"There's going to be a teacher's meeting later in the afternoon. So the Prefects are to split themselves and coordinate the junior classes. Just pick yourselves in twos. The teachers meeting will last for about two hours or more" Nonso said.

"A two hour teachers meeting? What are they saying?" A guy asked and the Prefects burst into laughter.

Fiyin grabbed Aaron's hand as he turned to her with a small smile.

"You are with me" Fiyin said and Aaron laughed.

"I've heard" Aaron said and the girl who was about to ask Aaron to be her partner eyed Fiyin who eyed her as well.

Fiyin turned to see Nonso looking at Aaron and her. She sneered immediately.

"Did I take the wrong partner again?" Fiyin asked as some of the prefects burst into laughter.

Nonso glanced at the way Fiyin was holding Aaron before turning to another prefects. They dispersed and Fiyin removed her arm from Aaron's and adjusted her knuckles.

"I thought he was going to say something" Fiyin said and Aaron laughed.

"He always has something to say" Fiyin said as she walked beside Aaron.

"I don't still know why he doesn't like me" Fiyin added and Aaron turned to her.

"Why do you think Nonso doesn't like you?" Aaron asked and Fiyin turned to him puzzled.

"If he likes me, would he treat me this way? Like he can't even stand me" Fiyin replied and Aaron chuckled.

"I think he's pretty normal towards you" Aaron said and Fiyin raised her eyebrow.

"Really Aaron? You want to take the side of your friend again?" Fiyin asked and Aaron stopped and turned to her.

"No. Don't over think things" Aaron said as he tapped her nose.