The Year that Changed Everything

A/N: I wrote this story originally as a Fanfiction, but since I'm branching out of that and into the land of Wattpad, I decided to start by posting some of my more recent (but still old) stories until I finish my New (and technically first) Wattpad original fiction.

Best Friends with Benefits
By Katie

Chapter 1: The Year that Changed Everything

Katie's POV

Flashback to 13th Birthday Party

"Time for Truth or Dare!" Alex yelled, and Harmony squealed in excitement dragging a reluctant Liz over.

The boys all settled in a circle with the girls, laughing at Jeremy and Liz's bright red faces.

"Come on, Birthday Girl," Connor said, holding a hand out for me to hold.

Even though Connor had only been officially a teenager for a few hours, he was already the hottest guy I knew. He was tall and still growing, his 5 foot 7 inches towering over my small 5'2" frame. His emerald eyes had flecks of gold and his flawless face had never seen the looks a pimple. His eyes shone with a sparkle of mischief and the ever-present smirk had senior girls dropping their panties for the young 8th grader. Connor's cocky bad boy attitude had only enhanced the situation and his big ego had him flaunting it practically non-stop. His muscles were still small, but his shoulders were broad, and you could tell that it wouldn't be long until the boy had some serious muscle. His dark hair was the perfect length, and was soft enough to make straight men want to run their hands through it.

All in all, my best friend was undeniable hot.

And as he gave me that smile, my heart fluttered so hard, I thought the butterflies inside me would burst out.

We made our way over to the small circle, settling down next to Connor, and declaring that I would pick who spun first.

"Alright, Birthday Boy, give the bottle a twirl." He laughed at my crazy self, but spun the bottle around any way.

The mouth of the bottle came to a stop, pointing at Nick, who immediately said dare. Connor reached into the box I had decorated earlier with a giant letter D on it for Dare, grabbing one of the slips Mackenzie had written.

"Okay, it says you have to touch the person's butt who you think is hottest in the room."

Nick laughed, looking around our circle, before standing up, and pretending to evaluate each of us skipping over Mackenzie with a look of disgust. I shot her an apologetic glance but she didn't seem to mind.

He finally got back to the first person and he put his finger on his chin, thinking, before he suddenly spun around grabbing Mackenzie's hand and pulling her up. She went crashing into his chest and he wrapped his arms around her waist to keep her steady as both hands landed on her ass and gave it a good squeeze. He plopped her back down on ground before settling into his seat again and acting like it didn't happen.

I looked at Mackenzie but she was off in la-la land, so I turned to Connor and he sent me a smile, his laughter ringing in my ears. Adam spun the bottle, laughing hard at Alex's reaction to him licking wiped cream out of her belly button.

The bottle landed on me, and I decided to switch up for a change, choosing dare instead of my normal truth.

Adam pulled out a piece of paper from the box, opening it up and reading it out loud. "Kiss the person to your left."

I turned to my left, my face going bright red at the smirk situated on Connor's face. His arm that had been comfortably wrapped around me pulled me tighter to his side.

"Guys," my mom's voice called from upstairs, "it's time to go." Mackenzie groaned, getting up and heading towards the stairs along with everyone else. The girls and I all hugged while the guys high fived or did the weird back pat thing.

"See you guys tomorrow," I called, as Connor wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, mumbling something in agreement.

"I think you owe me a kiss," he whispered in my ear, causing a shiver to roll down my back.

I turned around to give him a question look, but his lips crashed onto mine. It was soft and slow at first but it turned rough and passionate as it progressed. My back slamming into the self behind me and causing the sporting equipment and party essentials to crash down, raining down on Connor and I, but I didn't care. All I could feel was his lips on mine, and all I could think was "Why hadn't I done this sooner?"

His lips trailed down my neck as his hands roamed down my sides landing on my butt. I reached out pulling his shirt over his head, breaking the kiss for a second.

"Are you sure?" he asked me, his body hovering over mine on the pull out couch bed we had often slept on before.

"Yeah, I want this to be with someone I love and I love you Connor. Maybe just as a friend, but it's still love and I know that you won't leave me tomorrow, right? We will always be best friends."

"Always," he said immediately.

"Then I'm sure," I told him, and he didn't need to be told twice.

Flashback Over

I placed my hands in front of me bracing my weight on the desk and biting my lip to stay quiet, "Fuck, Connor,"

"I know, baby," he moaned back, slamming into me from behind, my eyes locked with his in the mirror and a shiver shook through me as I teetered on the edge. "Damn, Kate," he said, grabbing my hips to pull me back onto him harder.

"Connor," I screamed biting my lips so hard it drew blood.

"Shit, Kate, my parents are down stairs," he whispered yelled, still maintaining his rhythm.

"I know, I know. Sorry. Stop being so good." I told him, reaching down to help get me there faster.

"Fuck," he moaned again, falling off the edge, just as I did.

He pulled me back onto the bed, dropping down with all his energy spent and pulling the blankets over us.

I laid my head on his sticky chest, as he wrapped his arms around me.

"You think I'm good in bed?" he asked, a smirk playing on his face, but I was too tired to even lie.

"Yup" his smirk widened but I just closed my eyes, yawning. His heart beat luring me to sleep. I felt his lips touch my head as he pressed a quick kiss there.

"Night Kate."

"Night," I mumbled sleepily, finally letting the darkness consume me.

And to think, this all started with our 13th birthday party and a dare.

If Connor hadn't stayed, if he hadn't made me give him that kiss, if I hadn't asked him to take my virginity, this partnership would have never happened.

I mean, he'd still be my best friend, but I would not be having fantastic sex whenever I wanted.

Yes, I, Katie Anne Summers, am sleeping with my best friend.

And no, I am not dating this said best friend.

So yes, I am in a friends with benefits situation.

A best friends with benefits situation.

And I'm loving every second of it.

So, call me a slut, a whore, a tramp. I don't really care.

I love Connor. He loves me.

And maybe it is in just a friendly manner, but I don't even care.

I mean, who wouldn't give Connor a ride when they had the chance.

If you know what I mean.

And trust me, it's worth it. Every damn second.

A/N: What did you think? Update on Saturday, 1/24/15.

-Love you guys,

Katie