[𝟸𝟹] batshit crazy

Hero

After one grocery shopping later, we pulled up to the driveway not really knowing how Jo would react. She's been silent the whole ride to town and back. And there's that dangling truth that she thinks I'm just all fuck and go which is technically true but she knows I can never do that to her. I promised myself that if ever I was her first, which by then was really impossible, I won't turn back. It's a deal I made with myself that if I finally have her, then the others can go. Like no friends with benefits or that kind of shit. But I think she doesn't feel the same.

I unload the groceries from the backseat and waited for her to come out the car. She's been on her phone ever since we're on the road home. I had to buy a new phone since the other's screen is smashed. Thankful they have an open store here, or else I'm fucked since all my contacts for future college applications and such.

She looked down at her phone once again and finally put it inside her pocket. She looked up at me for a few seconds and proceeds to just walk past me. I shake my head at how moody she's been ever since we did it. I can't quite read her. It's like I'm walking on eggshells around her. Although I sneaked buying a few more condoms. You know, for emergencies. Emergencies when she changes her mind.

I wanted to talk to her about everything but I feel like she needs her space. Specially after the bloody fiasco we had just hours ago. Pun intended.

Once I dropped the groceries on the kitchen island, Linda swoop in to take care of it and she actually picked up that one bag with condoms. Her eyes are wide in shock but I snatched it from her.

"That's private property!" I exclaimed and she just stared at me for five seconds and chuckled.

She looks up, staring at something and said, "She's really pretty, isn't she?"

I look up and see Josephine by the hallway, pacing back and forth with her messy hair and rosy cheeks from the cold. She's wearing a baggy sweater, probably two sizes too big of her and some lounge pants. This house is literally built on all glass concept so anywhere you go, you will be seen.

Josephine noticed I'm looking up at her and then she rolled her eyes at me, walked back to her room and slammed the door shut.

"You should go try and be nice to her, anak."

"Hey, I'm nice." I interjected.

"Well, sometimes but you're so stubborn. Even as a little baby."

"Linda, can we not go to my bum and diapers at the moment?" I looked at her awkwardly and just shook my head.

"You two love birds had a fight?" She asked, while pouring the cereal into an airtight container.

"We're not love birds..." I roll my eyes at the thought.

She looked at me funny and said, "Denial, denial."

I grabbed the paper bag containing the condoms and her tampons and walked up the stairs. Our rooms are separated by Phoebe's room which is empty since she left early yesterday. I stopped at her door, hearing her talking to someone else.

"I can't do this with you anymore." she said over the phone.

My heart blooms with hope, not really knowing how should I react if Knox and her ever broke up. Or if ever I'm ready for a relationship with her. Commitment was never my thing and it will never be. I'm just here so confused.

I wasn't expecting her to open the door because I wasn't even knocking but she did and I stood there frozen while she has her phone on her ear.

"I need to call you back..." She tapped the red button on the screen and looked at me.