Chapter 2 - Yellow

I'm not sure how much time passes before I wake up. My vision is blurry. While it clears, I see something fluorescent standing with a leg on a dark wall next to me. Next to his left foot is a helmet. His eyes are closed. Once my vision clears, I see that he is slightly trembling. By the way he is standing, he must have just been terrified by something. He slightly opens one of his eyes. Their emerald color makes his face bright. His eye widens, and he opens the other one. He shifts a little bit, until his eyes are engulfed in shadows, and I cannot see them anymore.

"Where are we, Yellow?" I croak. My throat is in a knot.

"You were the imposter." He says coldly. His face does not match his voice.

"Yeah. I knew that." I exclaim. "I want to know where we are." I answer, with a voice matching his ice cold one.

"Dumbass." He mutters. I look up into his shadowy face.

"Excuse me?" I say with rage. For some reason, I can't get up.

"Why did I help her?" He mutters, completely to himself.

I repeat myself. "Excuse ME?" I say, with an even snarkier tone.

The boy suddenly walks right up to me, kneels, and grabs my shirt, pulling me closer to him. Now I can see his face clearly. His eyes are completely green, without even a trace of any other color in them. His hair falls over his forehead, like mine. He has braces that are worn out. They look like they haven't been fixed in forever. Light freckles cover his nose.

Without hesitating, he yells at me.

"HOW?"

He pauses for a second. Then he pushes me against the wall with brutal force. After a few seconds, he sighs, letting go of his grasp on me. Out of nowhere, he raises his eyebrows. His eyes change. They seem to lighten. He steps back, still kneeling. He starts laughing. I am stunned. Is this boy crazy?

"Who are you?" I stammer.

"My name is Oakley." He says, smiling. His tone has completely changed. Now his voice is bubbly, and it fits his persona very well. He has a soft, almost musical voice.

I roll my eyes.

"Are we just going to ignore what you did to me? And what you called me?" I snap.

"I suppose so." He says in a brittle tone. I notice his faint accent.

"Are you English?" I ask.

"I used to be. But...now I'm here."

"This place has changed your accent?" I say, confused.

"Yes. And no." He exclaims, clearing his throat. His voice changes once again.

"This is my original accent. I don't like it very much." He mutters in a very strong english accent.

"Then why are you using it?" I ask, still genuinely confused.

"Because, girl, you asked." He says, his voice returning to its normal tone.

"My name is Amber." I mumble.

"What was that?" The boy, or Oakley, says, cupping his hand around his ear.

"My name is Amber!" I yell at him, much louder.

He jumps back and hits his head on the wall.

"What was that for?" He asks, rubbing the back of his head.

"You didn't hear me." I say in an annoyed voice. There is a silence for a few seconds as he continues to rub his head.

Then I say, "Where are we?" Again.