Darkness Rising, Part 4 (2)

Megatron watched from above, chuckling darkly as Optimus and Ratchet were buried under his army of Terrorcon. Just as he was beginning to think he'd achieved victory, a blade suddenly shot out from one of the Terrorcons' chest. "YAAAH!" Optimus released a mighty battle cry as he emerged from the mount of Terrorcons atop him as he quickly and efficiently took down the undead Cybertronians around him. After fighting his way out of the group Optimus turned and saw Ratchet pinned down and quickly went to assist his old friend, shooting and yanking off the Terrorcons before helping the medic up. Megatron watched the scene play out with a frown. "After all these years, Optimus, still at the top of your game." the warlord taunted. Optimus and Ratchet, whose arm had been injured, charged forwards once again.

"My legion, FINISH THEM!" Megatron ordered. Optimus and Ratchet, despite their injuries and exhaustion, continued their charge forward as they took out every Terrorcon that got in their way.

Nemesis Bridge

Repeated knocking on the bridge's door drew a Vehicon trooper's attention. As the trooper walked over and opened the door he was immediately shot and sent flying back into the room. Arcee quickly entered the room and fired at the troopers on the right side of the room, Bumblebee going back-to-back with her as he opened fire on the left side while Bulkhead fired on the charging Vehicon in the center of the bridge. The bots all looked around the room before glancing at each other and deactivating their weapons. "Clear." Arcee said. Hearing that the room was safe to enter, Robin, Jack, Miko and Raf all walked in as the bots walked over to them. "Wait in here." Arcee ordered the teens, everyone looking at her in surprise. "We're just gonna leave them here? Why?" Bumblebee asked in disbelief.

"They're slowing us down, and they're easy targets. They'll be alright in here...as long as they stay put." Arcee assured Bumblebee as she reactivated her balster and walked out of the room. Bumblebee and Bulkhead shared a look before they too activated their blasters and followed her out of the room, the bridge door closing behind them. "That...was intense." Miko said in excitement. 'Not as intense as facing down a nuclear warhead.' Robin thought. 'But it's a close second.' "Was?" Raf said in disbelief. "It's your fault that we're stuck in this intensity." Jack scolded Miko, annoyance clear in his voice. "What were you thinking, Miko?!" "I have to agree with Jack on this one, Miko. You not only endangered your own life by following Bulkhead, but Bulkhead's as well. Bulkhead could have been too busy protecting you to worry about his own life." Robin added. "Did I ask you guys to follow me?" Miko challenged.

"You wanted us to be a band." Jack reminded her. "Doesn't that usually mean playing together?" "Well, maybe I decided to go solo." Miko argued. "Well, maybe I have some regard for your safety." Jack countered. "Oh, I'm sorry. Is your name "Optimus"?" Miko challenged, earning a "hey" from Robin. "You can leave my protection to Bulkhead, thank you very much!" Getting fed up with listening and watching the three argue, Raf suddenly cried out in frustration. "AAH! STOP IT! ALL OF YOU!" Raf then rushed off to the side of the platform that overlooked the rest of the bridge, knelt down and hugged his knees. "Oh boy." Robin muttered before rushing over to her friend, kneeling behind him and giving him a tight hug. Miko and Jack shared a concerned glance with each other before they ran over to their friends, each taking a scent on either side of Raf.

"Oh hey, hey, Raf, Raf, it's okay." Jack said. "Yeah. We're gonna be fine." Miko tried to assure Raf. "Our bots will come back for us." Jack said. "Yeah. They're gonna take us home." Miko added with a smile, rubbing Raf's arm in comfort. "How do you know?" Raf asked, not believing them. Jack and Miko shared an unsure glance over Raf's head only for Robin to speak up. "Raf, listen to me." Robin said gently. "Yes, things look bleak right now and yes, we may not have known the Autobots long enough for all of us to truly bond with them, but I can tell that they are people, or aliens, of their word. If they say that they will protect us then I can't help but believe them. So, until they come to get us, why don't we try to find a way that we can help them." Robin glanced around the room before her gaze landed on one of the monitors. "There, what do you think of that?"