18

A/N- This was chapter was written 2 years ago. It's short and not the best, but I want to publish it because I feel terrible for disappearing. Please read the note at the end!

Date: error

Countdown: day 23

"It should be around here somewhere," Jungkook says as I grip him in my arms tightly and make my way down the eerie corridor.

"It's creepy down here," I protest as I trudge along.

"I know, I'm sorry. Oh, mind your head," he warns me.

I duck to the side to dodge the live wire hanging directly above my head. This place was a death trap, alright.

It's dark and the only sounds that surrounds is an odd  dripping sound from ahead and the echo of my sneakers against the concrete floor. The passage before us is gloomy and winds on, seemingly forever. It kind of reminds me of something out of Harry Potter.

"Are you sure, Jungkook? I don't see anything except black," I mutter unsurely as I shuffle along the creepy passage quickly.

"This place looks derelict. You sure you aren't leading me to your secret fun time dungeon or something?" I say only half-jokingly causing him to snort.

It's the early hours of the morning.
Jungkook (or really, Bunnykook at the moment) and I are searching for the staircase that supposedly leads to the basement of the building. We're at the ground floor, currently, and the lighting is almost non-existent, making everything twice as difficult and spooky.

"I swear, Y/n. In the vision, I saw it...I know there is a staircase somewhere here. I can feel it," he says quietly as he tries to climb up on my shoulders for a better view.
His small rabbit legs struggle so I pick him up and set him on my shoulder.

I don't understand what he means exactly, but I don't ask. His little cotton tail brushes against my me and I feel goosebumps run up my arm.

I can't tell if it's from the tickly sensation of his fluffy tail on my skin or my growing sense of fear, but I'm assuming it's from the latter.

After a few minutes of searching around blindly in the darkness, admnd lots of protesting from myself, we eventually reach a flight of stairs that seem to descend to the dark pits of hell itself. It sinks deep below, into the depths of the building and there's mould growing on the unstable looking banisters.

A shiver runs through my entire body.

The way it snakes down into a black abyss of nothingness scares me. I gingerly place my converse clad foot on the first step.

"Holy crap!" I shriek as a cockroach goes scurrying across my shoe causing me kick my leg out wildly and almost drop Jungkook in the process.

"Hey, it's okay! It's just a cockroach," he yelps, attempting to reassure me.

I only scream louder.

"They're disgusting! This one's fat and juicy. Get it off!" I flay around madly until Jungkook hops out of my arms and starts chasing the cockroach away. I stop and almost laugh at how ridiculous he looks.

"Get away from my women, roach!" Jungkook roars.

He hops after it and hisses a few times until it runs away and disappears from my sight completely causing me to exhale in relief. I look over at Bunnykook and roll my eyes.

"My Knight in shining armour," I joke, picking him up and dusting off his now dirtied fur. Jungkook has the audacity to look at me smugly.

With a loud groan, I wipe the grin of my face and pray to every God alive that I don't encounter anymore roaches.
Then I start my descent down the winding stairs of doom. I wrinkle my nose at the moldy smell that wafts through the heavy air.

"It smells gross," I mumble in distaste.

"I know, right? Smells like Jimin hyung," he quips and I snort.

"Shit, it's so dark," Jungkook mumbles. "Phones have torches these days right? Turn it on," he suggests.

"What if there's security cameras down here?" I ask worriedly.

"So what? We're not trespassing or anything. You live here, right? And anyways, this place looks like no one has been here in decades," Jungkook says nonchalantly.

I nod at him even though I'm sure he can't see me in the darkness and turn on my phone flashlight. I aim the light straight ahead and something glints.

"There's a door," I mutter as I notice the large, rusty metal door at the end of the passage.

I slowly and carefully make my way towards the door and as I get closer, I can almost feel the temperature drop. I curse as I remember my cocky self leaving my jacket back on my couch.

I feel Jungkook bristle in my arms.

"You cold, Jungkookie?"

He shakes his head quickly and sighs.

"No. Have you seen my thick, luscious fur? Pfft, I'" he pouts and I laugh at his he proudly puffs out his chest.

"Then what is it?" I question.

Jungkook shifts around in my arms uneasily.
"Something is making me feel really weird," he whispers to me.

"What do you mean?"

"The energy around this place...it's making me feel strange," Jungkook explains and shivers.

With a few more hesitant steps, we reach the old door. It seems like no one has opened it in years as it's completely covered in rust and some sort of aggressive looking mould. It's also chained up with a large lock hanging off the end of the chains.

Either something is being kept out...or kept in. I'm not sure, but I don't allow myself to dwell on it.

"How d-do we open this up?" Jungkook stammers and his fur stands  straight up.

I don't say anything and instead place him in my backpack, making sure his head is sticking out.

On closer inspection, I realise that the door is also bolted shut.

"Mr Bang must know about this place, right?" I ask to no one in particular. "I mean, he owns the building."

"I don't know, Angel, but I know something's wrong. I can feel it in the air," Jungkook sticks in nose into the air and sniffs. "Something's behind the door."

I huff, wishing that he could pull one of his freaky ghost tricks and just walk right through it but he's limited to the rabbit outside of the apartment.

I sigh and half-heartedly pull at the rusty chains. This was turning out to be a lot more difficult than I had antcipated. 

"I need some bolt cutters, a toolbox and a shot of something strong. There's no way we're getting through this door without it."

A/N- I don't know if anyone is reading this anymore but I feel like I should explain my lack of updates since 2020. I started this story almost 2 and a half years ago and I never got to finish it. Looking back at it, I realise that it isn't well written and not up to my current standards- but I have received a lot of love for this fic so thank you so much! I'm so grateful.

I didn't finish it because I needed to focus on my own personal life and I had to think about getting into university. I'm now in med school, which has always been my dream and my free time is non-existent. My interests have changed and so have I, but BTS will always have a spot spot in my heart. This last chapter is not great, but it's been sitting in my draft for a long, long time and I decided to post it for anyone that may still read it (I logged into this app for the first time since 2020).

I don't know if I will come back to this story, but I hope that one day I will have a chance to do so. Maybe even revise it. Thank you all for your patience, I hope to chat again :)