13. Muggle Y/N - Part 2

No spoilers as this is set in the same AU as the previous chapter.

Hermione has just gone with Ron to his holiday house, he asked her to be his girlfriend and she agreed.

Y/N's POV

The next time I had seen or even heard from Hermione, I was met with the most heart-breaking news.

Ronald freaking Weasley asked her to be his girlfriend.

And she said yes!

And right after she told me, she disappeared back to that stupid fancy school of hers, leaving me all alone.

One day, right after school, I decided to take a walk to me and Hermione's tree. What she didn't know about me was that as well as football, one of my other passions was songwriting and music. So making my way up and sitting on our tree, with my guitar that I had my guitar on me, I started strumming chords and beginning the song I had written, inspired by Hermione.

If I could save you I would,
If you let me love you I could,
If you saw me like I saw you,
Then you wouldn't have left me for someone new.

They say the best people in life come and go,
So I just want to know...

Can I be your superhero?
Even if the sky falls,
Make you feel better,
When all I've done is wrong,
Can I be your lifeline?
For when you can't breathe,
Can I be your superhero,
To show you what we could be.

"I never knew you were a singer." I heard a voice below me say.

My head turned and looked at who was below me, it was Hermione herself.

"Hermione..." I said, "you're back?"

She looked like she had been crying. This was the first time in months I had seen her and as she climbed up to join me, all the feelings I so desperately wanted to forget resurfaced again.

"What happened?" I asked, I knew something happened.

She let out a sob. "I-it's him Y/N...R-Ronald, he cheated on with me with Lavender."

My eyes widened, I was going to kill him. "Screw him 'Mione! He doesn't deserve you, he never did!"

"Thank you Y/N." Hermione mumbled into my chest.

"Anytime Hermione..." I said, my gaze focused on the bushy-haired girl.

I so desperately wanted to tell her everything, but it just didn't seem right. She had just found out that Ronald cheated on her...

"What's that song called?" Hermione asked me, as the wind breezed through our hair, rustling the leaves slightly.

"Superhero." I replied.

"What's it about?" she asked me curiously.

I sighed. "Well it's about this guy, he likes this girl but she doesn't notice it. She just sees him as his friend because he's always there. He just wants her to notice that all he does for her has a reason behind it, because he's madly in love with her but at the same time feels like he doesn't deserve her. He wants to be her superhero because he wants to lead her and show her what the two of them could be if she just opened her eyes."

"What does the best people come and go line mean?" Hermione asked me curiously.

"Well, so many superheroes come and go. Like they save you and then they just leave don't they? So I guess that's what that line is referring to." I explained.

Hermione nodded before she chuckled. "Which girl at your school's making you feel like this Y/N? If it's Romilda, I'm sorry but I've met her once and she's annoyingly clingy."

"It's none of them, they're all nothing compared to this other girl." I muttered.

"So who's this mystery girl?" Hermione pestered me.

I sighed and looked into the distance. Was I going to tell her?

"She's this really good friend of mine," I started, "I've known her since we were both little and we went to the same primary school but then she left. She went to this super fancy school where there were idiots like Ronald Weasley who cheat on their girlfriend with sluts."

Hermione looked at me and I made eye contact with her.

"Sound familiar?" I asked with a small smile.

Hermione looked at me, with an odd expression. I thought she was going to reject me, tell me that she didn't like me back but then she did the most surprising thing.

She kissed me.

"If you want," she smiled, "you can be my superhero Y/N."