32

Please do feel free to correct my writings :)

____________________

Kana walks in the direction of his favourite cafe with the intention to visit Shane, who's currently working alone since Sophie is having a day off. The blonde man was literally whining and begging on the phone, asking Kana to come and accompany him. Without much pursuing, Kana agreed as he was also beginning to get stuffy after being at home for almost a week in front of his laptop. He needs a break and fresh air.

Kana begins to think about what presents he needs to buy for Christmas. It's already in early December and he needs to think fast about what to buy for them. More importantly, this year is special because certain someone is here.

Should he buy a new book recipe for Mom? Maybe some of the cake recipes since she's currently into baking. A new carving kit for Dad? Because Kana recently found out that Dad has a new hobby, which is carving on wooden plaques.

Maybe buy one of those vintage toy cars for Vin? He loves collecting those. A new set of knives for Shane? He complained that his ones are getting rusty. Maybe for Sophie as well and Kana can ask Shane to pass it over to her.

With all of those thinking keeps on filling his head, Kana eventually smiles as an endearing feeling blooms inside his heart. Never thought just thinking about Christmas presents can be this fulfilling. Still, with a smile, Kana is at the corner of the street and was about walk towards the cafe's front door. But his smile falters and steps are abruptly stopped the moment he sees the familiar blonde girl in the space that can be seen from the other side of the big window, working and busy delivering orders from one table to another.

Didn't Shane say today is her day off? What is she doing here?

These past few days, Kana tried to avoid meeting face-to-face with Sophie. Not that he hated her or anything. It's just that he felt bad for announcing his getting together with Sam without properly talking to Sophie prior to resolving their feelings for each other. Because of that, Kana decides to distance himself the in hope that Sophie can move on faster and maybe, they can be friends again.

Kana stood not far from the cafe, contemplating whether to come in or just come back later. He doesn't want to meet Sophie and ended up making her feel uncomfortable.

He just gave the news last month and start to date officially within the same week. Considering her crush on him that lasted more than 2 years, Kana feels it's too soon for them to meet each other. Adding that one of the things he doesn't like is to see Sophie cry. No matter what, she's like a little sister to him.

Maybe it's better if Kana just comes back later. Yes, let's go back for an hour or two later. Kana turn his body around and is ready to walks away from the cafe. But his step is halted by someone calling his name. The voice seems familiar, but he can't seem to point out who it belongs to. Then Kana can hear the voice gets nearer and finally, the source of the low voice stands in front of him, "Hey, Kana."

Kana is a bit taken aback by the man in front of him, "Ah, Good afternoon, Mike. How are you?" and greet politely.

Mike still with his usual smile and friendly attitude, nods at Kana, "I'm very well. Where are you going? I thought you'll go into the cafe?"

Kana smiles back while taking a couple steps back, "I was planning to, but I'll come back later."

Mike goes silent for a while and pays attention to the beautiful writer in front of him. Then he let out a weak smile with a hint of sadness in his voice, "Is it because of me? Are uncomfortable with me being there?"

Kana straightens his posture and blink slowly, tilting his head in confusion, "Why would I be uncomfortable with you?"

Mike raises his eyebrows, baffled at Kana's reply gesture. Did he forget what happened the last time they met? Mike felt so bad about it but it seems it wasn't a big deal for Kana, "Uh... Because last time... our conversation... didn't end well."