The Quaint Cafe

Even in negative twenty degrees out, I could not deny the fact that I needed my daily tea. Nothing could really stop me from going to my favourite cafe. Some say I have a hard head, I just think that I, Cecily Herondale, am simply outgoing.

It was snowing extremely hard that day, the strong wind gripping my jet black hair and whipping it around everywhere. I had on one of my favourite dark blue dresses on, it had a beautiful bow on the small of my back, with a plain large skirt that extended grandly from my waist like every other dress I owned. On top of the dress I had on a dark brown coat, which as soon as I opened the institute doors, realized was too light for this weather. Refusing to change my coat and simply deal with the harsh weather I trudged along. I was walking toward the quaint little cafe that was calm and peaceful, perfect for meetings, reading the newspaper, or drinking tea.

I walked through the front door, my cheeks flushed from the brutal weather, and walked up to the counter where I ordered a camomile tea and two biscuits. As soon as I had my hot beverage and my delicious cookies I headed over to a round table and started sipping on my burning hot tea.

I was not meeting anyone there, I actually was not there to at all socialize, I just went for the lovely ambiance of the small shop and of course to keep my growing addiction of the delicious tea alive. Yes, I could always have had Bridget stir me up some tea, however no one quite made the beverage like the shop did.

I was in the middle of finishing one of my dark chocolate biscuits when from the corner of my eye, I saw a tall and handsome man with gorgeous green eyes coming my way. This was the very same boy that my brother, William Herondale, hated to pieces. I on the other hand could not get enough of the site of this young man, no matter how stubborn I was about admitting it. He was the only young man who could put the entire animal kingdom in my stomach. His beautiful name was Gabriel Lightwood.